Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Nice to have a new working option to the discontinued Finnish topomaps in Mappero. Was about to set up a map server according to the instructions in this thread but this is more convenient option. Many thanks for the effort!

Some suggestions and comments:
* Program opens fast, nice! The layout is beautiful and functionality very decent at the moment. No problems in setup. Looks promising indeed!
* When zooming in or out, it would be nice if the current map would immediately zoom in/out (as in Mappero) so that the user would not need to watch the blank screen during map downloading
* Option for continuous centering by current GPS location would be nice
* Option for automatic screen orientation would be nice. I noticed that shift+ctrl+r works. Maybe it could be default setting?
* Possible bug: when I open the landmark entry screen and tap to a Name or description field, the program closes immediately
* Possible bug: when I try to import landmarks, the program gives an error: "Failed to import landmarks from 'import.gpx'".

Couple of times when I have opened the program, it does not load map tiles even when the connection is fine (3G). May this be related to limitations of Paikkatietokanta? Do they follow the IP addresses and limit excess downloading from same address?

Last edited by tplastic; 2011-05-05 at 12:54.

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by orava View Post
That libqtm-11 package is not actually needed, I will remove it from depends list when I upload next version.

You can try to run it from terminal to see if any error messages show up.

The icon probably appears after reboot.
Well, maybe I'll wait for the next version. I uninstalled Mapsi and then tried to install again. Dpkg gave error message: Dependency problems prevent configuration of Mapsi: mapsi depends on libqtm-11...

And libqtm-11 is installed!

Originally Posted by tplastic View Post
* When zooming in or out, it would be nice if the current map would immediately zoom in/out (as in Mappero) so that the user would not need to watch the blank screen during map downloading
I guess that this would be pretty hard to impelement but I will look into it.

* Option for continuous centering by current GPS location would be nice
This feature actually already exists, press and hold GPS position icon in top right corner to enable it.

* Option for automatic screen orientation would be nice. I noticed that shift+ctrl+r works. Maybe it could be default setting?
Will be added but probably not yet in the next version.

* Possible bug: when I open the landmark entry screen and tap to a Name or description field, the program closes immediately.
Yes I have discovered this also but I couldn't fix it yet. When I compile and run Mapsi on Windows it works fine, so it might be that there's bug in Maemos Qt implementation.

* Possible bug: when I try to import landmarks, the program gives an error: "Failed to import landmarks from 'import.gpx'"
At the moment landmarks are imported from file "/home/user/MyDocs/.mapsi/import.gpx" and exported to ".../.mapsi/export.gpx". Supported import formats are Gpx 1.1, Kml, Kmz and Lmx. I will add possibility to select import/export file maybe in the next version.

Couple of times when I have opened the program, it does not load map tiles even when the connection is fine (3G). May this be related to limitations of Paikkatietokanta? Do they follow the IP addresses and limit excess downloading from same address?
I don't think that there are any download limitations. In the settings menu the icon with two arrows can be used to enable/disable use of WMS(Web Map Service). If you have WMS disabled map tiles won't be downloaded. You can also try to change used WMS server by pressing and holding that WMS icon. (Paikkatietoikkuna has 4 WMS servers)

The Following User Says Thank You to orava For This Useful Post:
Posts: 27 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Thanks for the clarifications.

I guess that this would be pretty hard to impelement but I will look into it.
It seems that in Mappero the existing map is simply scaled up/down with some graphics algoritm without extra- or interpolating the data. Then new map substitutes this when downloaded.

This feature actually already exists, press and hold GPS position icon in top right corner to enable it.
Very nice!

At the moment landmarks are imported from file "/home/user/MyDocs/.mapsi/import.gpx" and exported to ".../.mapsi/export.gpx". Supported import formats are Gpx 1.1, Kml, Kmz and Lmx. I will add possibility to select import/export file maybe in the next version.
Tried this by copying up-to-date speedcamera .gpx file to right location and renaming it to import.gpx. The result however was the same "Failed to import landmarks from 'import.gpx'". The same file works fine with Mappero.

I don't think that there are any download limitations. In the settings menu the icon with two arrows can be used to enable/disable use of WMS(Web Map Service). If you have WMS disabled map tiles won't be downloaded. You can also try to change used WMS server by pressing and holding that WMS icon. (Paikkatietoikkuna has 4 WMS servers)
This might be the case. Have to check this next time.

Anyway the package is already so good that I'll prefer this over Mappero in most cases. Thanks once again!

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Finland
I have also blank screen problem. I ran Mapsi in x-term:

~ $ /opt/usr/bin/Mapsi .Mapsi
Unsupported date format character at 1 (%-d.%-m.)
qrc:/qml/Main.qml:55:5: Type MapArea unavailable
qrc:/qml/MapArea.qml:2:1: module "QtMobility.location" is not installed

What I should to do? I tried to install QtMobility.location but I'm not sure which package is right one...

Originally Posted by hyrra View Post
I have also blank screen problem. I ran Mapsi in x-term:

~ $ /opt/usr/bin/Mapsi .Mapsi
Unsupported date format character at 1 (%-d.%-m.)
qrc:/qml/Main.qml:55:5: Type MapArea unavailable
qrc:/qml/MapArea.qml:2:1: module "QtMobility.location" is not installed

What I should to do? I tried to install QtMobility.location but I'm not sure which package is right one...
There's now version 2.0.0(http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=72982) in extras-devel that can be installed with application manager and it should also install correct dependencies.

There's now version 2.0.0(http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=72982) in extras-devel that can be installed with application manager and it should also install correct dependencies.
Yes I installed just that 2.0.0 yesterday but I got those problem with it. I haven't installed any previous version, only 2.0.0.

Originally Posted by hyrra View Post
Yes I installed just that 2.0.0 yesterday but I got those problem with it. I haven't installed any previous version, only 2.0.0.
I guess that libqtm-11-declarative is the package you'll need. I had forgotten to add that to dependencies list.

I guess that libqtm-11-declarative is the package you'll need. I had forgotten to add that to dependencies list.
Thanks! Lot of package errors when I installed that but Mapsi works. I haven't noticed new 2.0.0 thread and posted my question here, sorry about that.

Omg yes, kiitos!!