Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Mind Mapping is good for those with visual representational system. It might not be very perfect to those with kinesthetic and worse yet auditory representational system.

That's why some might prefer to take notes in points form other than pictural networking.

The Following User Says Thank You to 9000 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vamonster View Post
2 droll

This is a quite bogus problem. We think that there are some problems with the pyo files precompiled against different version of PySide library. You can try to remove the pyo files that came along with HiveMind. To do this run:
Code:
find /opt/maemo/usr/share/hivemind/ -name '*.pyo' | sudo xargs rm
Please try this if you are still interested and let me know whether it works or not. We are currently working to eliminate runtime segfaults in the upcoming release 0.4.2.
I have the latest version installed (0.4.0-maemo1) but not working either, and willing to test.
I have no .pyo files in that folder

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by 9000 View Post
Mind Mapping is good for those with visual representational system. It might not be very perfect to those with kinesthetic and worse yet auditory representational system.

That's why some might prefer to take notes in points form other than pictural networking.
True, and the world itself is not always ideal for those with kinesthetic or auditory representational systems. I imagine that file systems are difficult to represent in hierarchical form for people who can't see file structures. It must be hard to deal with sub sub sub directories.

I mainly use mind mapping to represent my own knowledge to myself, so communicating it to others isn't a very big issue. Certainly I could convert mind maps into other forms if need be.

Originally Posted by wimmme View Post
I have the latest version installed (0.4.0-maemo1) but not working either, and willing to test.
That's the same version I have installed, FWIW. I installed it from the green arrow at http://linuxlab.corp7.uniyar.ac.ru/projects/hivemind

Originally Posted by wimmme View Post
Please tell what version of the PySide library is now installed on your device. You can find it out by running command below.
Code:
dpkg -l | grep 'pyside\|shiboken'

Originally Posted by vamonster View Post
Please tell what version of the PySide library is now installed on your device. You can find it out by running command below.
Code:
dpkg -l | grep 'pyside\|shiboken'
that command gives me this output:

Code:
ii  libpyside1.0                                        1.0.0~beta3-1maemo1                        Python bindings for Qt 4 (base files)
ii  libshiboken1.0                                      1.0.0-2maemo1~beta3                        CPython bindings generator for C++ libraries - shared library
ii  pyside-mobility                                     0.2-0maemo1                                Python bindings for Qt Mobility (big metapackage)
ii  pyside-qt4                                          1.0.0~beta3-1maemo1                        Transitional package for python-pyside
ii  python-pyside                                       1.0.0~beta3-1maemo1                        Python bindings for Qt4 (big metapackage)
ii  python-pyside.phonon                                1.0.0~beta3-1maemo1                        Qt 4 Phonon module - Python bindings
ii  python-pyside.qtcore                                1.0.0~beta3-1maemo1                        Qt 4 core module - Python bindings
ii  python-pyside.qtdeclarative                         1.0.0~beta3-1maemo1                        Qt 4 Declarative module - Python bindings
ii  python-pyside.qtgui                                 1.0.0~beta3-1maemo1                        Qt 4 GUI module - Python bindings
ii  python-pyside.qtmaemo5                              1.0.0~beta3-1maemo1                        Qt 4 Maemo5 module - Python bindings
ii  python-pyside.qtmultimedia                          1.0.0~beta3-1maemo1                        Qt 4 multimedia module - Python bindings
ii  python-pyside.qtnetwork                             1.0.0~beta3-1maemo1                        Qt 4 network module - Python bindings
ii  python-pyside.qtopengl                              1.0.0~beta3-1maemo1                        Qt 4 OpenGL module - Python bindings
ii  python-pyside.qtscript                              1.0.0~beta3-1maemo1                        Qt 4 script module - Python bindings
ii  python-pyside.qtsql                                 1.0.0~beta3-1maemo1                        Qt 4 SQL module - Python bindings
ii  python-pyside.qtsvg                                 1.0.0~beta3-1maemo1                        Qt 4 SVG module - Python bindings
ii  python-pyside.qtwebkit                              1.0.0~beta3-1maemo1                        Qt 4 WebKit module - Python bindings
ii  python-pyside.qtxml                                 1.0.0~beta3-1maemo1                        Qt 4 XML module - Python bindings
ii  python-pyside.qtxmlpatterns                         1.0.0~beta3-1maemo1                        Qt 4 XML patterns module - Python bindings

I have even more bad news. Just the installation of hivemind and its dependencies makes a big difference in battery consumption on my beloved N900, something a cannot live with

But it still am willing to reinstall to debug and test ...

A new version of HiveMind has been released, version 0.4.3. It is said that this gets rid of the Segfault errors many of us have been experiencing, and my impression is that it is a big improvement.

To me, this is an essential program for the N900, a wonderful addition to the available programs. Furthermore, the team that is supporting it seems determined to keep moving forward and overcome problems they encounter. We are lucky to have their contribution.

Yet another new version of HiveMind has been made available, yay. A recent addition is support for hyperlinks, with "Go to hyperlink" as a choice on the Extended menu for nodes.

But I haven't been able to figure out how to use hyperlinks properly in HiveMind -- has anyone? I'd like to see some tips.

BTW: I'm thinking of getting the EEE PAD Transformer Android tablet as soon as it's available and am sorry that HiveMind isn't available for Android. But I guess there are other decent Mindmapping programs for Android.

Here is a screen shot showing how I am currently using HiveMind together with FBReader, a map program and QWP as the ultimate book reader combination. HiveMind: I hope the Kindle folks find out about Hivemind. The future Kindle could use HiveMind.
Attached Images