View Single Post
Originally Posted by Tigerroast View Post
I refuse to believe that a hunk-of-plastic stylus such as the one for the N900 can emulate a mouse. Rather, it's merely an assistant for interacting with the screen. Not like a mouse, mind you, but I don't see anyone with small enough fingers that can flawlessly interact with a very precise screen.
Actually, it is not about stylus itself, but about technology used for digitizer (resistive accurate to-pixel + pressure sensitivity). And yes, it *is* allowing to 100% emulate a mouse - by either pointing exactly where we want, or by using it as notebook touchpad equivalent (pointer not fixed to touch point, but it's movement - see DosBox on N900 and some games, like old Command&Conquer).

Either that, or you do custom stylus and use it as full drawing tablet (as in drawing peripherial for PC, not the multimedia-consumption device) - see Creativetone's drawing on N900, for example, from youtube. Now tell me that it isn't mouse+ emulation

Originally Posted by Tigerroast View Post
I cannot see the N900 as anything more than a phone. I care not for Nokia's fluff nor what others do with theirs, since that's their business.
Actually, Nokia tried to sell N900 as a phone with tablet functionality. The "mobile computer first, woith addition of phone functionality" is a Community definition, cause, you know, most nowadays N900 users are exactly that type of users. If you want to see it as "phone mostly", you better look other offers (and it apply to any hyphotetical Neo900, mind you), for best bang on your bucks.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: