Active Topics

Are there any other options for PIM software besides GPE PIM and Pimlico? Also, why does the calendars for GPE and Pimlico start at monday? can this be changed?

Thanks!

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Washington State
They start on Monday because that's the way most of the European calendars have it. Monday is the first day of the week with Sunday being the last. Us Yanks just get screwed.

What's really odd though, is that although GPE-Calendar's month view is apparently hard-coded to start weeks on Monday, when you pop-up the calendar dialog box to add an event, the calendar popup has the weeks starting on Sunday!

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Washington State
Yeah, that is odd.

Originally Posted by frasej View Post
They start on Monday because that's the way most of the European calendars have it. Monday is the first day of the week with Sunday being the last. Us Yanks just get screwed.
Actually all UK calendars are Sunday to Saturday as well, except for Working week calendars and wall planners which are all Monday to Sunday. We even have the weeks numbered from 1 to 52 as well !

I can only assume that the software writer was regularly using a "Working week calendar" and so that was what he or she created. Software writers (as well as everyone else) work with assumptions when developing software. Its only over time that things get honed to include all of the options that everyone actually wants.

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Amsterdam
Originally Posted by WavyD View Post
Actually all UK calendars are Sunday to Saturday as well, except for Working week calendars and wall planners which are all Monday to Sunday. We even have the weeks numbered from 1 to 52 as well !
Yup, Keep sailing skipper ! 1 inch a year westbound, so there is plenty of time to drink some tea !

Still looking for help on synchronizing my Nokia N800 with my Nokia phone or Outlook. Somebody any ideas ?

Last edited by AbelMN; 2008-01-18 at 10:28.