Poll: Pick one!
Poll Options
Pick one!

Hey, I just wanted to see if we can get some general numbers on the dead/corrupted cards.

Last edited by Grue237; 2007-09-13 at 20:38.

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Hampshire, UK
How about never had a problem

Posts: 531 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Oct 2006 @ This side of insane, that side of genius
voted for

>4GBSDHC External slot (general use)

Brand is A-Data Class 2 SDHC 8GB

edit - my card is dead, and i have not been able to reformat it with windows, linux, or n800. reformatting it did work a few times, but it finally spit the bit.
ElmScan 5 BlueTooth
BlackBerry Bold (9000)
AT&T Wireless

Last edited by brendan; 2007-09-13 at 21:35.

Posts: 477 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Munich, Germany
Voted for >4GBSDHC Internal slot (general use) (Transcend). 4GB card did not have a problem (external slot).

I would like to point out a few things:
-the card works now, after reformatting in a camera.
-fsck gives errors (and does not check), whether I format the car in the Nokia or in the Camera and the errors messages are different.
-I think that the error is linked with using the N800 as a card reader for the computer. When I only use the card in the N800, things stay stable. The problem happened at a time when I connected the N800 to the mac regularly, which I don't usually do. I bought a SDHC reader to avoid using the N800 for that purpose any more, we will see whether corruption still happens.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Invalid poll. You left out "none".

Maybe he/she just wants to know the type of card and location of slot which has caused the card to spoil? The "none" is of no use here.

Originally Posted by luketoh View Post
Maybe he/she just wants to know the type of card and location of slot which has caused the card to spoil? The "none" is of no use here.

Its 'HE' and you would be correct. Those that have not had a problem dont need to be in the thread. We already understand this doesnt happen to everyone. It has yet to happen to me, but then again I havnt put in my now 2 month old 8GB card.

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Oregon
Why is the only choice 4GB capacity cards? I had a 2GB PNY SD (general use) go teets up on me in the external slot this very evening.

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Finland
External slot killed my 2GB miniSD (card went read-only state, recovery was not possible, i tried to format it with linux, windows and digital camera). I got new 4GB SDHC card and started using it in internal slot. So far no problems.

Last edited by jmk; 2007-09-14 at 04:01.

Posts: 236 | Thanked: 149 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by HeebieJeebie View Post
Why is the only choice 4GB capacity cards? I had a 2GB PNY SD (general use) go teets up on me in the external slot this very evening.
It's bigger or smaller cards actually. < means smaller than 4GB and > means bigger. I don't know how you should vote with exactly 4GB cards though