Posts: 832 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Phoenix, AZ
Where is the best place to get 512M/1GB RS-MMC or MMCMobile cards?
I shop locally whenever possible (makes exchange/problem solving easier,) but this particular memory card isn't in stock at Fry's, CompUSA, Circuit City, or Best Buy and no other retailers would have these.

So yeah - I'm open to suggestions as to "who you trust" and who gives the right price online.

I should clarify my experience with Best Buy:
I wrote it all out here

Don't trust their web site to to accurately portray what they really have in store. Don't trust your gift card balance to come back after you cancel an order. Basically: Don't trust anything until you have it in your hands and pay for it at the register.

hi Daniel,
got two Sandisk 1Gb RS-MMC cards thru Amazon....$69.95 ea. plus free shippng to Hawaii.
they've both had many hours of use on our 770's
with no problems. (knock on wood)

Ordered my Kingston dual voltage 1gig from ecost $77.00 free shipping.

Tony

Fry's miraculously found one someone else returned. It's the SanDisk 512. I got it for $49 with a 5-year warranty that Fry's will honor. Now to see what BestBuy does with that mess...

i got mine through USAMEMORY.NET. great company. no idea as to current pricing as i got the dual voltage ones about a month ago.

Got a 1gig sandisk from buy.com for 75.99. I just got it today. Seems to be working well. Free shipping. Forget looking in stores...they only got up to 512.

Just orderdered 2 of the following, with UPS to deliver today

http://www.meritline.com/kingston-1g...bile-card.html

FYI - The Kingston MMC Mobile is dual voltage where I believe the Sandisk is not. Consequently, the Kingston will save on battery.

Tony

Posts: 772 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jul 2005 @ Montclair, NJ (NYC suburbs)
I looked at the different sites mentioned here -- couldn't even find this card at buy.com and Amazon sent me to a Yahoo store.

At these stores and on the web, I found prices ranging from $69.95 to $99 for a 1 GB card in the U.S. The lowest price I found added approximately $14 for shipping and handling, so it wasn't really the lowest.

I was about to buy from meritLine, at $74.95 plus $1.99 shipping when I discovered an additional $6.50 handling charge. I wasn't sure I had the right card and I checked the Kingston site to make sure. There I followed a link to Computers4SURE.com, "an Office Depot company."

The price there is (I ordered just five minutes ago) $73.95 and free shipping. This is for the 1 GB Kingston dual-voltage card.

I'll report back on my experience with this order, good or bad, when the mmc card arrives.

----
Edited to add: Next morning, an email tells me the item has shipped.

Also, I see that the next post links to the buy.com and amazon pages where you can see/buy a 1 GB card.