Notices

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
I would like to know what options are available for video calling and sip voip ?in n900

a detailed way to set up video calling and sip voip services would be nice for everybody

as skype is terminating i dont know how to do an occational vedio sip call if needed skype was pretty easy so didnt bother earlier

i will populate the first post with useful posts

Last edited by nokiabot; 2014-08-09 at 09:04. Reason: oh

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
I would like to know what options are available for video calling and sip voip ?in n900
1. Vanilla N900

2. Read it's manual.

3. Job done.
---

Seriously, SIP calls (audio and video) are supported in Maemo since always (vanilla), and even integrated with addressbook, phone-ui, etc. Just go to settings, accounts (the same place, where you would set up goddamned Skype account), and select SIP instead.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 283 | Thanked: 276 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ uk or @Pai,Mae Hong Son, Thailand
@estel, ok, I am convinced... I am ditching skype and have signed up with a SIP provider... getonsip.com

Ok, I have an account & signed on via my PC web browser..
Can Estel advise how to sign on via my N900?

I have gone into VoIP and IM accounts. Created an entry under SIP, put in my user id:-
My SIP address {Your SIP address: my_name@getonsip.com}
and
password.

But this does not log on... Reports 'Username or password incorrect'
I notice the 'Advanced Settings' but don't know what to do with them. I suppose that there has to be a domain setting entered somewhere, also probably a port etc...
Also put user_name in advanced settings... 'my_name'
Help would be apreciated now that I have been turned.

Last edited by macey; 2014-08-10 at 14:49.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to macey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 283 | Thanked: 276 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ uk or @Pai,Mae Hong Son, Thailand
ok, if anyone here has a working sip setup (with the N900 'vanilla' client) could you please inform me of your service provider and settings.
I have tried with getonsip.com but there account setup required both a 'username' field/setting and an 'auth username' field/setting...

https://www.getonsip.com/devices/generic/

Not intentionally trying to hijack this thread.... But thought to be on topic...

The Following User Says Thank You to macey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
You noticed it yourself: advanced settings.
You need your user name (normally the part before the @ of your address) there. This is a must (under advanced settings! NOkia!!! ).
This should log you on already.

You maybe have to enter the outbound proxy (probably just the part behind he @ of your address) with port 5060.
Remaining settings should be okay as default.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
@peterleinchen not sure what you mean by 'You noticed it yourself....' etc.
Advanced Settings has only 'Username' field, not an Auth Username. My provider requires both...
Also have already tried outbound proxy...

The Following User Says Thank You to macey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
"Noticed yourself" meant the user name field under advanced settings.

I could only log in successfully with that field filled.
Check your providers needs once more. If you can log in from PC you should be able to do so from N900. (when trying you were loggeg out on PC?)

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
i'm currently looking at ippi.fr as they allow you to make sip to skype for free.

@peterleinchen My provider requires Username and Auth username... as stated...

Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
i'm currently looking at ippi.fr as they allow you to make sip to skype for free.
Do you know if skype users can call you?