Hello!

I've been having problems with my N9 64GB since i bought it and tried all kinds of resets and flashing to fix the issues.

My problem now is that it refuses to charge. If I leave it plugged into the wall over night it won't charge. If I try to charge with flasher it actually looses charge.

When I plug it into the wall it will vibrate, shine the light, show the Nokia logo for one second along with the USB icon, then show a yellow triangle and the text "Reinstall authorized operating system" for about 15 seconds. I've opened the phone and removed the proximity sensor and tried different cables.

One weird thing is that every time I plugged it into my computer to try flashing Windows made a lot of the connect/disconnect USB system sounds. Like it kept connecting and disconnecting. Is it my USB connector that is faulty and what can I do about it? I'm not good at soldering.

So I tried using the flasher in OS X instead, and it would actually charge the device!

So for anybody else having this problem, if you're using Win7 64bit, this might be the problem. Try in a different system. The flasher works the exact same way in OS X. There is a guide here: http://www.allboutn9.info/2012/03/fl...n-mac-osx.html

Now I can flash the phone, but it will boot to a yellow triangle with the "device malfunctioning" message, but at least I'm not stuck anymore.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 330303300330330 For This Useful Post:
Another update. Cold flashing worked and I can now use my device again.

This is the command for cold flashing:
flasher -F main.bin -f -c

The Following User Says Thank You to 330303300330330 For This Useful Post:
self learning is and will be always best