Active Topics

Although it seems like a bit of a downgrade, is anybody working on a dual-boot Android configuration for Jolla like we had Nitdroid for N9? Considering Sailfish runs Android apps quite smoothly it shoudnt be impossible to port Android for Jolla devices. Atleast for the hacks sake or proof of concept it would be interesting. But don't ask me how to do it..

The Following User Says Thank You to jjhuopa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 197 | Thanked: 198 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by jjhuopa View Post
Although it seems like a bit of a downgrade, is anybody working on a dual-boot Android configuration for Jolla like we had Nitdroid for N9? Considering Sailfish runs Android apps quite smoothly it shoudnt be impossible to port Android for Jolla devices. Atleast for the hacks sake or proof of concept it would be interesting. But don't ask me how to do it..
Out of interest, why on earth we need android when Jolla phone has Alien Dalvik?

The Following User Says Thank You to late88 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
you already have that dalvik whats the point in leaving sailfish goodies for a moment?

salifish app developers should concentrate on native sailfish apps that are still missing

The Following User Says Thank You to youmeego For This Useful Post:
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Oulu, Finland
I'd do it, if it would make GTA Vice City playable! Although I doubt it, since even real Android phones have problems with Rockstar's buggy games...

Speaking of game compatibility by the way, I've been trying to stay away from Radeon GPU's... took a while before I realized that "Adreno" is actually an anagram of something

Last edited by hana; 2014-01-20 at 23:48.

Actually a triple or quadrupal boot scenario would be ideal: Sailfish OS, Android, Ubuntu Phone OS and Firefox OS. Maybe even Tizen? Naa, that's Samsung, who wants that?

Sailfish is great, but multibooting would be pure fun, I'm probably not the only one that finds it hard to be devoted to just one platform.

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Marlborough, Wiltshire, UK
Google is making Android very restricted.

We need to concentrate our efforts of FOSS based developments.

Richard

Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by jjhuopa View Post
Actually a triple or quadrupal boot scenario would be ideal: Sailfish OS, Android, Ubuntu Phone OS and Firefox OS. Maybe even Tizen? Naa, that's Samsung, who wants that?
And Maemo!

Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
Originally Posted by late88 View Post
Out of interest, why on earth we need android when Jolla phone has Alien Dalvik?
just because we can or more we could - if we wanted to - but we don't want