Posts: 226 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Lebanon
hi , sorry guys but really need help in this , maybe i don't have much experience in this cmd but i have now an error so :
first i want to install ubiboot on my n9 i do the steps but in install nemo i have error because i'm using windows not linux ( i don't have linux )
any way i do i small search and i found this : Windows Host

The process of installing the Nemo image to your MicroSD card on windows is also quite straight forward.

First, extract the .bz2 image, if you don't have any software to do so, you can use Bzip2 for Windows.
Download Bzip2 for Windows from here, choosing the first option, to download the setup without the sources.
Install Bzip2 for Windows
Open run by pressing 'Windows Key + R' and type cmd, press enter to open the command prompt.
Navigate to where bzip2.exe was installed and run the command 'bzip2.exe directory/file_goes_here.bz2 '
The extracted image file will have the extension .raw, but the program we use to write the image doesn't associate with this extension, so right click the file and choose rename, and replace the .raw with .img
Download the image writer from here, choosing the latest release of the binary [the first download link].
Extract the contents of the .zip to a known directory.
Run the .exe labled 'W32DiskImager.exe'
Select the Nemo Image file
Select the drive letter/mount point for the MicroSD card [please verify this is the correct device]
Click 'Write' to begin writing the image to the MicroSD card.

but my problem is with this step :
Navigate to where bzip2.exe was installed and run the command 'bzip2.exe directory/file_goes_here.bz2 ' what should i replace directory\file_goes_here.bz2
can someone help me ?

thank you guys

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
I'm a bit confused why do you want to do that so strange way?

To install Nemo from a rootfs image is pretty straightforward.

Now, first thing is to repartition your mmcblk0 using the MOSLO boot kernel. To do that you need just to boot the kernel with flasher like it says on the wiki page. I assume you have done this already, and have the ALT_OS partition on your device or else you should not proceed!.

Then, you need to unpack the rootfs bz2 file. For that I guess you can use 7-zip or whatever people use on Windows.

After that, there's no need for any "W32DiskImager.exe" things, I have not even heard of such, whatever it is supposed to do?
Just copy the unpacked file (which now has a .tar extension) to your MyDocs and do the unpacking on the device:
1. Open console
2. devel-su
3. mount /dev/mmcblk0p4 /mnt
4. tar -xvf your_archive_path_and_name.tar -C /mnt/
5. sync
6. umount /mnt

There, youre done