Active Topics

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ SP-Brasil
Descupem me if I am outside the rules, but I wonder if there is a way to convey my N9 3G to my tablet Xoom 2 ME different from Ad-Hoc networks because it does not connect. No thought or mentoring that explains how to change the model of my tablet with ICS stock ROM.

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Austria/Germany
Say what ?

I assume you want to tether your 3g Internet connection via wifi to your tablet?

Last edited by mcbook; 2013-08-07 at 07:52.

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ SP-Brasil
Originally Posted by mcbook View Post
Say what ?

I assume you want to tether your 3g Internet connection via wifi to your tablet?
Exact. The problem is that the Motorola Xoom 2 ME blocked to connect to Ad- hoc hotspot . Or do I unlock this function on the tablet (I could not ) or change it in N9 if possible.

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Austria/Germany
if you cannot connect to your n9's wifi hotspot the problem probably lies with your tablet

The Following User Says Thank You to mcbook For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Android don't like Ad-Hoc that much...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 21 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ sarajevo
I have the same problem with my wife's htc one s. N9 is on 3G, created wifi hotspot, laptop sees it and connects, but htc does not even see it. I know in htc lies the problem, but how to make it work? Any ideas anyone?

Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
The problem is with the pathetic android os. It is blocked from connecting to ad-hoc networks. The fix/mod/hack is really easy to do. I have done it to couple of devices and all work perfectly after that.

Just search google for instructions on your device. "how to enable ad-hoc in android "add your variant here". Instructions should be basically the same no matter what your variant is. I at least did it with same instructions on different devices.

just a note. You have to have your device rooted and use terminal/file manager to set permissions

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
You can also change the n9 hotspot from ad-hoc to infrastructure, but it might be easier to make the change on the tablet.

Originally Posted by Boxeri View Post
The problem is with the pathetic android os. It is blocked from connecting to ad-hoc networks. The fix/mod/hack is really easy to do. I have done it to couple of devices and all work perfectly after that.

Just search google for instructions on your device. "how to enable ad-hoc in android "add your variant here". Instructions should be basically the same no matter what your variant is. I at least did it with same instructions on different devices.

just a note. You have to have your device rooted and use terminal/file manager to set permissions
As far as I know, those hacks only work for pre Android 4.0 devices. I searched a long time for a solution on my Nexus 7 last year.

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
You can also change the n9 hotspot from ad-hoc to infrastructure, but it might be easier to make the change on the tablet.
How to do that on N9?

Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
As far as I know, those hacks only work for pre Android 4.0 devices. I searched a long time for a solution on my Nexus 7 last year.
Hmm, haven't checked how it is with the latest versions, but pre 4.0 is at least not true. I am currently running 4.0.4 and ad-hoc is working.

Of course the latest android seems to be 4.3 for nexus 7, so there might have been changes that I am unaware, but I would doubt it still.

The Following User Says Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post: