Active Topics

So I just got a new n900 after I dropped my last one in a pool ( :'( ). But I got the phone (brand new replacement from nokia :P ) and for some reason there are no repositories on it, so I'd like to add in the default repositories so I can make sure all my basic stuff is up to date and etc. And, on the wiki I could only find a list of additional repositories on top of the base repositories. So, could somebody please give me link to a page with, or write out, the repositories I have to add.

Posts: 310 | Thanked: 202 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ireland
I'm not sure, but I don't think the nokia repository is even running any more.

Originally Posted by king Ralphred View Post
I'm not sure, but I don't think the nokia repository is even running any more.
when did this happen my n900 has been gone for like only 2 months??!

so extras is the repository now with everything?

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
nokia gave you a brand mew n900 in 2013

Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
nokia gave you a brand mew n900 in 2013
This is my the 2nd replacement they've given me, apparently the used one I got on ebay was still under warranty, and it was faulty (manufacturing problem) and I got a replacement, and with the water damaged one, all I had to do was act clueless and they sent me a new one. But this new one is having problems of it's own, I think the battery contacts are bad (the phone constantly turns off, esp. when the phone is rapidly moved, or I slide it out & I have to take the battery out and put it in to turn it back on.

Last edited by rambomedic; 2013-07-30 at 18:37.

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by rambomedic View Post
, I think the battery contacts are bad (the phone constantly turns off, esp. when the phone is rapidly moved, or I slide it out & I have to take the battery out and put it in to turn it back on.
Possible loose battery tray, adjust the metal spring that holds the battery carefully.

Extras repository is
Code:
Application manager --> Application catalogs --> New
Catalog name: maemo.org
Web address: http://repository.maemo.org/extras/
Distribution: fremantle
Components: free non-free

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

struck a piece of folded paper at the end of the battery to make it tight and gently scrach the battery connector and battery pins with a needle .try it

I didn't know Nokia still had any units left after all this time. I also heard that they were replacing all flauty/spoilt N900s with N9s. How many N900s do you think are in the wild? A hundred thousand?

Originally Posted by cdooh View Post
I didn't know Nokia still had any units left after all this time. I also heard that they were replacing all flauty/spoilt N900s with N9s. How many N900s do you think are in the wild? A hundred thousand?
i also want to know how many n900s are out there in the wild in use. Maybe the server guys aka techstaff are able to tell this