Active Topics

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/17/bu...bDUBVYoZfGgF9Q

Anyway, maybe...the N800's version of skype caused this? Since the flaw appears to be in all skype versions since inception, the only new software from Skype recently is on the N800..oh, and maybe Linux. Could these have triggered it? Who knows?

Every system has a failure every now and again, I'm sure it will be up and running soon enough!

gl

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ United Kingdom
"Skype engineers said the flaw existed in every copy of the Skype software that had been downloaded since the service’s start in 2003" - so I doubt it's got anything to do with the N800 version. In fact, in the time the N800 version has been released, they have forced an upgrade on all users who don't keep up to date with the latest versions, so there is no reason at all to suspect the N800. The Linux version isn't new either.

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Finland
For some reason my PC (windows) Skype did work ok moment ago, I did call to Echo123. But N800 Skype doesnt call.

Now again I cant get PC Skype online when I did exit software. But it did work moment ago.

--

It did take some time.. But now PC Skype is back online again. N800 Skype doesnt call..

Last edited by Mika73; 2007-08-17 at 10:49.

Lets hope that it gets back up and the flaw fixed. What I'm saying is to consider this...if this flaw is in ALL versions...then something must have triggered the bug after all this while. Now, which NEW device recently started having Skype? Keeping all things constant, what new thing caused this? Hmmm....

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Finland
Anyway.. PC Skype is offline againg and its trying to connect.. No luck..

But before today it was sometime online I managed call Echo123. N800 didnt call at all.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
Originally Posted by Mika73 View Post
Anyway.. PC Skype is offline againg and its trying to connect.. No luck..

But before today it was sometime online I managed call Echo123. N800 didnt call at all.
test call appears to be the only available contact once you manage to connect.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
This has nothing to do with the N800.

Some Russian hackers have posted the code causing this. It appears that what happens is they dial a specific number which causes Skype to crash. Not only that, but when it crashes, it tries to move the call to another server... causing it to crash too.. and so on and so forth until the entire service and every one of their servers is down.

The problem is fixed now right?

gl

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Chicago, IL, USA
Skype seems to be recovering now. It doesn't have quite the usual number of people connected, but I've been connected since yesterday morning now and been able to make and receive calls.

Their heartbeat page finally lists the issue as resolved, as well.