Active Topics

Can some body finally fix evince's problem of not opening or even recognising cbr and cbz files; I've checked the evince website and it's suppose to support those formats, but, when I launch the evince that can be found in the bora-extras repository and try to open a cbz or cbr I can not because I can't even see them!

Works for me (cbr). Please try evince package from here:

http://www.arava.co.il/matan/770/evince/

(read the README file for instructions).

I did not try cbz, and apparently evince can't be launched from file manager, so you need to select the file from evince open file dialog box.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
will not install on my N800, claiming for lack of libcairo, lidjvu and another one :|

/edit/ yes, installed libdjvulibre, but still missing cairo and poppler1-glib

Last edited by maxilogan; 2007-08-11 at 22:30.

I'm having the same problem as maxilogan.

Those packages are available from maemo extras repository. Make sure you are using this repository and run

apt-get install libpoppler1-glib libpoppler1 libcairo2

When try to select the cbr/cbz files from evince open file dialog box I can't see them.

I've fixed it. I had to update my mime information after following your guide by installing this file from the terminal with the following command as root:
Code:
dpkg -i file

Last edited by senuxis; 2007-08-13 at 02:20.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
Originally Posted by senuxis View Post
I've fixed it. I had to update my mime information after following your guide by installing this file from the terminal with the following command as root:
Code:
dpkg -i file

tried the apt-get install but got message about libpoppler-glib, libpoppler and libcairo all having already the last version installed.

But the dpkg -i trick worked like a charm! whats the magic about this?! I tried in the past to launch "evince file.cbr" but evince won't open the file giving some error (in fact, related to mime). Now it works even without changing the evince package version.. but

apt-get install shared-mime-info
is also working and you don't need to download the file.

Hey guys, newbie here, and I'm having nothing but problems getting Evince working.

With a fresh install of 2007 HE, I installed Xterminal, BecomeRoot, and Evince (0.9.0-0indt1), downloaded shared-mime-info_0.17-0indt1_armel.deb from the link, and ran it with success, but when I open Evince and browse for a file, the CBR isn't showing up. Unrar, Unzip and Zip are also installed.

I also tried the APT-GET method, but it seems to be the same file anyway.

This is driving me nuts! Can anyone point out where I'm going wrong? Can Comix be installed on the 770 under OS2007 HE?

Last edited by RitchieB; 2008-06-11 at 23:59.