Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by death_jax View Post
I resolved now, but only after copying the file to the computer and than run that command from terminal of this one. After this, I copied the edited file to phone and from terminal of this one I replaced the original file.. now it works well..
But I don't understand why the command doesn't work from the phone directly
Maybe the file is in use when you were trying to patch it?

Posts: 326 | Thanked: 122 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Italy
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Maybe the file is in use when you were trying to patch it?
Obviously not, because I killalled the process preventively.
In addition to this, I also tried to copy the file to MyDocs and then run the command on this file.. but nothing, same message..

EDIT: Obviously there was a stupid error. On the phone terminal I had forgotten to write the "/" inside the code..

Code:
perl -pi -e 's/\x79\x79\x4d\x4d\x00\x00\x00/\x64\x64\x4d\x4d\x79\x79\x5f/g' /usr/lib/libqcamera.so.1.0.0

However, it's possible to use the space before the 64 64 4D 79 79 5F, to use for the DDMMYYYY_ date format?

EDIT 2: I tried it and that date format doesn't work, the filename of the photo becomes 102012_0001 without showing the dd number
Attached Images

Last edited by death_jax; 2012-10-04 at 19:08.

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Yes, I also tried this, it's not work, it should start from MM...

Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Yes, I also tried this, it's not work, it should start from MM...
My question is this: user genes from the first post wrote that with PR1.1 the filenames of the photos were YYYYMMDD_numb (I cannot confirm it because I bought N9 with PR1.3). Why now it's not possible to have the same filenames? Someone has that file, from PR1.1, for an inspection?

most of people on PR1.2 or 1.3 and I also don't know if this good idea to change this file.. Do you know what this file do instead only the file name ?

Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
most of people on PR1.2 or 1.3 and I also don't know if this good idea to change this file.. Do you know what this file do instead only the file name ?
I wrote to inspect a PR1.1 file for curiosity and for information

The Following User Says Thank You to death_jax For This Useful Post:
The format of my date is ddMMYY_numb, but I noticed that the numb part begins again if the photo is taken, for example, the day after, because every day has a different ddMMYY part, and consequently the numb part every day becomes different; while with the previous format, YYMMnumb, the numb part was increased also if the YYMM part was different

Last edited by death_jax; 2012-10-05 at 15:47.

Today i noticed about strange issue..
Like we said before we don't need refhashlist.pl to apply and it right, but but it work only until first reboot. After reboot camera not loads..
Today i tested with refhashlist and after reboot all work like expected.
I will add it to tweak...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 116 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Birmingham, UK
oh my - if this were added to N9QuickTweaks, i'd be a very happy girl - i hate the new filename format since i moved to this phone, i can't tell when my photos were taken! :/

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by leoniedelt View Post
oh my - if this were added to N9QuickTweaks, i'd be a very happy girl - i hate the new filename format since i moved to this phone, i can't tell when my photos were taken! :/
You should be a very happy girl then

Its already been added to the latest version of N9QT... Head over to the thread for more details...