Active Topics

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 300 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ ^^ IRAN ^^ - Tehran :D
Hi evry One
many days last from coming N9
N9 have Easy Chroot or Open mode , Overclock , Nitdroid
i think N9 need a Kernel Like Kernel power in N900 for suport new moudel for VPN ( pptp or l2tp ) or port preenv to N9 ( because the last kernel not some moudel ) or etc
someone has thinking about this ?

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Not really, kernel community isn't really doing anything nowadays for N9.

pptp is already avail in rzr repo, and vpnc with gui has also been released.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

vpnc not suport pptp
i installed pptp-linux and vpnc , but i cant connect to pptp server

Posts: 236 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ switzerland
I never went very deep into the matter as i bought my N9 because i need a phone with which i do not tinker too much (i have my n900 now for this), but isn't there a tread for open mode kernel with overclock support already available in TMO?

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by Mitrigol View Post
I never went very deep into the matter as i bought my N9 because i need a phone with which i do not tinker too much (i have my n900 now for this), but isn't there a tread for open mode kernel with overclock support already available in TMO?
I think OP meant not only overclocking but also (and mainly) additional functionality (modules) and bugfixes. KP for N900 doesn't bring only overclocking support, but also e.g. new filesystems support (like NTFS allowing to mount Windows or Samba shares; ext4 and some other more or less exotic filesystems), updated drivers (e.g. bluetooth and wifi drivers which allow monitor mode and pocket injection for network sniffing), bugfixes (e.g. proper usage of SmartReflex which is implemented in OMAP cpu to allow dynamic voltage control and thus smaller power consumption and longer battery life) and even new system architecture (Thumb-2 in addition to ARM which allows to recompile core system components to use less space on root filesystem and eat less RAM and swap).

Does N9/N950 have an kernel with similar capabilities?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Good reply misiak
i have 1 phone , and its N9 , N9 in now powerless , nokia do nothing , so we must increas this

Originally Posted by farfary View Post
Good reply misiak
i have 1 phone , and its N9 , N9 in now powerless , nokia do nothing , so we must increas this
Feel free to compile custom kernel yourself, kernel sources for PR1.3 are avail for example at http://molly.corsac.net/~corsac/n9/s...301+0m8.tar.gz
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
Feel free to compile custom kernel yourself, kernel sources for PR1.3 are avail for example at http://molly.corsac.net/~corsac/n9/s...301+0m8.tar.gz
yes , thanks for link , but i dont now how to compile the kernel and how to add new moudel to the kernel, or openmode it or add overclock moudel to it
so i want request help from the N9 developer in maemo froum

Its a good time to start learning, google has great tutorials how to compile kernels. Currently nobody is actively developing open mode kernel, so you will be the 1st.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
yes thats right