Active Topics

i just bought an n800, primarily for internet use when travelling on work or vacation. i don't want to bring a laptop, but like to be able to surf and check email (employer won't let us access internet email on one of their devices such as my blackberry). the device works well for this, and i have a travel router for times when i have a wired connection so i've got things covered.

i'm wondering what other functionality you would suggest i explore, and any software you think would be of use on this thing. i understand it has limited pda capabilities, but it looks like the multimedia capabilities are pretty good. can you play drm protected mp3's on it, other media?

thanks, sorry for the newbie question...

Man who travels on work should get BT GPS. load up Maemo Mapper check out Google for Open streets project and away you go....

I watch a lot of videos and listen to music, mostly. Mplayer and Kilikali are my favorite programs to do so.

i'm going to look into gps. i usually bring my mp3 player along as well since i use yahoo music...only certain devices work with it. videos is a good idea though...

I use mine for web browsing, ebook reading (FBreader), weather forecasts (mweather), and playing a crapload of Star Control II - THe Ur-Quan Masters as well as ScummVM games and Civ. Oh yeah, and it's my main at-home VoIP machine now with Skype and two other SIP accounts (Gizmo and voipcheap) running all at the same time.

i haven't tried skype yet...it's intriguing but since i have the bberry i've got coverage everywhere. i like the idea of games though...are there some good sites for downloading decent free ones?

Originally Posted by cohenfive View Post
i haven't tried skype yet...it's intriguing but since i have the bberry i've got coverage everywhere. i like the idea of games though...are there some good sites for downloading decent free ones?
Look here.