Active Topics

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Toronto, Canada
I'm jealous now!

Can't the Devs do anything to make our N900's and N9's set on fire?

Android and iOS get all the neat features!

Lol. Seriously, let's hope this is a small isolated case, and not something widespread, it would be very bad for Samsung to have a batch of exploding phones on their hands.

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/3550...ire-launch.htm

The Following User Says Thank You to SolarisSixth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
lol... That's hot.

That's bad..When i left my Archos changed for 5 hours on 240V power...battery was swollen and it looked like it was about to explode.

Last edited by m_dk29; 2012-06-25 at 06:20.

Moral of the story: that guy should've bought an iPhone (or The Beast)

I'm flattered

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 61 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Beijing, China
Don't like S3 from the start (ugly looks, nonsense "ergonomics/built for human", software-level upgrades like S Voice that has already been FULLY PORTED to every other device in the form of flashable zips...). What a relief it finally goes on fire. I DO hope this happens more often and as a result ruin Sammy and give 'em a lesson. Flagships MUSTN'T be made in this way! (at least it should be like the original S, my Epic 4G or Captivate Glide - they FEEL like true flagships)

Posts: 661 | Thanked: 1,625 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Croatia,Zagreb
It is exactly one that I saw at one site yesterday.Thanks god it's not my phone.

The worst thing about the EPIC 4G is that it didn't come in a GSM variant.
Otherwise, I would've jumped unto the Android bandwagon a long time ago.

I mean the closest thing to it is the Captivate Glide and that was released way after the i9000 and Tegra2 devices. And don't even mention the Desire Z, its a piece of rubbish!

Hey why am I rambling on about Android, Nokia could've released the N9-S (leaked tilt prototype) too. Damn you Elop!!!

I'm flattered

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 61 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Beijing, China
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
The worst thing about the EPIC 4G is that it didn't come in a GSM variant.
Otherwise, I would've jumped unto the Android bandwagon a long time ago.

I mean the closest thing to it is the Captivate Glide and that was released way after the i9000 and Tegra2 devices. And don't even mention the Desire Z, its a piece of rubbish!

Hey why am I rambling on about Android, Nokia could've released the N9-S (leaked tilt prototype) too. Damn you Elop!!!
My situation is worse than yours 'cuz I'm in China and Epic 4G's communication function appears totally worthless... But I use it as an "iPod Touch" with large screen, better processor, keyboard and multiple ROMs. Heck, why should I use it as a phone while I have Nokia N93i for calling/txting and a mobile hotspot for internet?
So it's true that Captivate Glide came about TOO late but nevertheless it's pretty convincing. If I had the money (Chinese student, sigh) I can grab one here in China for merely $300... To me Desire Z is a rather good device with HSDPA, nice keyboard (handed on with it and it's the best I've run into) and EXTREME overclocking abilities. Only that it's still not affordable (because my Epic 4G is bought second-handed for ONLY ~$80 with accessories and box!! Desire Z takes at least $200 and Evo Shift goes $100)
I'm with Android simply to satisfy my other-than-developing needs... N900 can't really game. It's a dev machine.

Try fetching yourself an N950!
FXXK THAT DAMN ELOP!!

The Following User Says Thank You to AndyYan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
So it turned out the fire was actually caused by sticking the phone in a microwave to recover the phone from water damage!! Talk about getting caught in a lie.
http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/3605...xy-s3-fire.htm

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post: