Hiya

I am attempting to Boot from MMC using this guide

http://www.examplified.net/guide/Nok...ting_from_MMC/

Now I was having troubles with installing tar, I was getting some unmet dependicies

osso-applet-languageregional

Now, I then double checked my repo list and enabled only the required repo
maemo mistral/gregale and eko.one.pl, I then enable Red Pill Mode to see if I could install from Application Manager, it would not work.

Log said something about GPG public key not accessible aswell as the unmet dependicies.

I went back to terminal and tried again

apt-get -d install tar

Still not working so I then tried the suggested

apt-get -f install

But I forgot to put the name of the package "tar" at the end, so I corrected it then pressed Enter.

It appeared to be working then it asked me something like this is very dangerous to which it asked to confirm by typing

Yes, do as I say!

Then it appearred (to me at least) to start nuking the OS by "Removing " everything, I was booted out of terminal to the main screen where it was frozen, then it rebooted and I selected Internal Flash.

But it does not start up I get stuck about a quarter way through the loading screen, and it reboots.

Soooo what I'd like to know is what the hell did I do wrong? I must have done something terribly wrong but it is not apparent to me atm

Posts: 643 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Seattle (or thereabouts)
When apt-get made you type "Yes, do as I say!" to continue, the information above that was telling you about all the packages it was going to remove to satisfy the dependencies and conflicts of tar. I'm not trying to be harsh, but the mistake you made was in not trusting apt-get when it told you that you were about to do something dangerous *and* not really understanding what was about to happen. Unfortunately, reflashing might be the only solution at this point.