Active Topics

Hello guys , I'm a newbie! I'm not a great programer I know only C language I was addicted to blacberry coz I'm insane texter :s
But suddenly I got urge of having apps on my phone so as you know BB is not for the apps! I found nokia n900 coz It has open GL so that I could play games and stuff in HD on it After having N900 it was quite difficult to get used to it due to its weird keyboard whose Spacebar is on right side (i seriously don't get the logic behind this)
But now I'm used to it! But Facing few bugs (according to me)

My first problem
is Email integration! I'm still not able to integrate my accounts with it! I use yahoo mostly! It says wrong user name or password every time! though i tried hotmail! It gets integrate once and i could see the mails but after a minute it gets log out and says wrong user name or password :s Somebody please gimme tut how can i get working emails on myN900 coz its giving me headache! I installed Nitdroid for the sake of emails only!
Or tell me if their is an email client for nokia n900.I heard nokia has great Push to mail service but its sucking me

Second problem is I've not find any FB application in my phone! I can sign in to facebook using IM in conversations but its for chat only! When i try to insert FB widget on desktop and provide user and password! it says,''unable to connect to facebook''

3rd problem The phone security has been awful for me! I'm not secure because of that annoying pop up when SMS comes! So every body can read the text easily who is around me ! and also there is no conversation locker so that i can lock my conversations! huh! Besides, There is no easily phone locker! Like one press key to lock phone so that it can ask for password! I've to press power button and then SECURE DEVICE! This sucks ! I mean who has time to do this ! I would be happier if it could be lock with that lock lever on the bottom of phone with 3.5 mm jack!

4th problem I was very happy when I came to know that my n900 can video call VIA skype I was like WHAO!! But I was very disappointed when i saw my front cam's video quality that was awefull! I couldn't even see my self when i was under normal light i had to sit in special direction I was just wondering if there is anyway to increase its brightness!

Oh I'm tired now Please help me! I'm not getting what i want from n900 ( people calls it a monster) I get jealous why monster
I don't want to change my phone coz Multitasking has been awesome in N900 I never saw multitasking like this ever in anyphone even my mates were wondering ! Droid guys got jealous by it I want my desktop full of emails and facebook updates,In short i want to fulfil that tag line of nokia avout n900 which has the word ( ONLINE ) please don't ignore my thread help me if you can It would be greatly appreciated

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
Hello
email works great on gmail smtp maybe use yahoo smtp setings?
Fb?? All programmers i know r on +G lol cant help u
i dont lock sorry
skype front cam hurts i know

LOL Thanks for reading it i thought I'll be ignored

How can i use Smtp settings for yahoo?

And I use Facebook My mates are there

Locking the phone is a great pain for me

Don't be sad about other phones... Its the only geek/hacker/gamer phone i know

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Problem 1: Remove accounts and try again. I have succesfully enabled yahoo IMAP support. (Settings are somewhere on the web)

Select Other as you need to pay for Yahoo POP support but IMAP is free.
Username: example@yahoo.com or example@rocketmail.com
Password: your password
Emailadress: same as username
Incomingserver (IMAP4): imap.mail.yahoo.com
Outgoing server (SMTP): smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Secure authentication: Login
Username: example (this time without @yahoo.com)
Passwor: your password
Secure connection: SSL
Port 465

Problem 2: There's no official fb client for N900 the best cloent so far is Sociality but I prefer to use m.facebook.com FB widget was broken but is fixed now. Go the app-manager and see if there are updates

Problems 3: You can set the device to lock after 5 Minutes as minumum. Settings -> device lock
Probably this is agconf value and can be changed to eg 1 minute. I will come back on this later There is an applocker in the repositories however I can't tell you how it works as I have nothing to hide on my phone en never used it..

Problem 4: Is unfortunately just the quality as is. I don't think theres much that can be done aobut it. sorry. You need to learn to live with that, I guess.
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

Try this
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=38709
or Google smtp yahoo settings

maybe adjust the time out of inactivity so it locks by itself?

Posts: 72 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Hungary
Second problem: Try this application. It allows you to run j2me applications on your N900. Then download FB java client and this problem is solved!

Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
Problem 1: Remove accounts and try again. I have succesfully enabled yahoo IMAP support. (Settings are somewhere on the web)

Select Other as you need to pay for Yahoo POP support but IMAP is free.
Username: example@yahoo.com or example@rocketmail.com
Password: your password
Emailadress: same as username
Incomingserver (IMAP4): imap.mail.yahoo.com
Outgoing server (SMTP): smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Secure authentication: Login
Username: example (this time without @yahoo.com)
Passwor: your password
Secure connection: SSL
Port 465

Problem 2: There's no official fb client for N900 the best cloent so far is Sociality but I prefer to use m.facebook.com FB widget was broken but is fixed now. Go the app-manager and see if there are updates

Problems 3: You can set the device to lock after 5 Minutes as minumum. Settings -> device lock
Probably this is agconf value and can be changed to eg 1 minute. I will come back on this later There is an applocker in the repositories however I can't tell you how it works as I have nothing to hide on my phone en never used it..

Problem 4: Is unfortunately just the quality as is. I don't think theres much that can be done aobut it. sorry. You need to learn to live with that, I guess.
WOW ! thanks for a detailed reply! I gave me some ideas Now according to your method! I it doesn't give me error of wrong username and stuff! But when i click on that account i can only see (Drafts,outbox,sent,archive) No Inbox and i can see no email

Now please tell me how can i change lock time to 1 minute? Could you help with this?

And its okay I'll find an app locker

LOL yeah I've to make it acceptable Actually i thought that my camera is broken or something!

Originally Posted by PanzerSajt View Post
Second problem: Try this application. It allows you to run j2me applications on your N900. Then download FB java client and this problem is solved!
Oh thank you very much bro I think this is the solution of many problems if this will work in the way I'm thinking Gonna test now

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
http://maemo.org/packages/view/applocker/
Seems there is a package in extras-devel for locking app, however I won't recommend to enable extras-devel.
And here: http://my-maemo.com/software/applica...to=2315&faq=50

For enabling a device lock of 1 minute, not tested though
Go to settings and enable the autolock

Then in xterm do the following
Code:
gconftool-2 -s /system/osso/dsm/locks/devicelock_autolock_timeout -t int 1

Edit: Tested it, and it's working fine
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

Last edited by mr_pingu; 2012-06-20 at 13:14.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post: