Notices

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on May 2012 @ México
Ive seen videos of mupen 64 for the nokia N950, but i am really interested in getting it for my nokia N9, does it exists? If so, where can i get it? thanks a lot

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Nope, it's not been ported for the N9. Nor would it be easy to do so.

But rest easy. Looks like Elemental is planning to add Nintendo 64 support to the already excellent multi-system emulator for the N9, Emumaster.

N64 support will be targeted after the next patch that improves PSX support.

The Following User Says Thank You to cddiede For This Useful Post:
I wouldn't want to discourage anybody from working on it. It will compile without changes. It might work on its own using a bluetooth joystick, but I havent tried. There is also an android developer that is working on the ARM code to get it up to date. To make it really slick it would need a touchscreen gamepad, and the mupen plugin system could provide a path towards implementing that.

I have no doubt that elemental will do a great job with the n64 emu in emumaster. We will probably have the best psx emulator soon in emumaster when he rewrites it

Yea its guaranteed that emumaster will have N64 games running on it in a couple of weeks with sixaxis support and elemental is always open to peoples suggestions and implementing any other nifty ideas as well. Be a little patient

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrS14m3LStI

The N900 version works with only two changes on the N950. Useless for N9 because of the lack of hkb, but feel free to grab the N900 source and try it.

Originally Posted by jflatt View Post
To make it really slick it would need a touchscreen gamepad, and the mupen plugin system could provide a path towards implementing that.
(More like "would be in the way towards implementing that"....)

The Following User Says Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post

The N900 version works with only two changes on the N950. Useless for N9 because of the lack of hkb, but feel free to grab the N900 source and try it.

That is awesome sauce, but for N9 users without a HW keyboard it's not much more then a neat proof of concept like the early on screen keyboard less ports of DOSbox and SCUMMVM for Harmattan.

It's this adding in brand new code allowing for control without a hardware keyboard that has been a big fat brick wall in most application ports that I've attempted from Maemo5 or Pandora to Meego/Harmattan.

Nice part about emumaster is besides the built in SIXAXIS support, the on screen controller work is already baked in so the author need only arrange they keys for an N64 layout.

Moderator | Posts: 3,716 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post

Got a deb file for the N950?