Active Topics

Having noticed ref to open streets on maemomapper thread and having access to highways some time before opened thought this was something I should give some time to.
But how?...Tried and failed to save a track using maemomapper so is their an idiots guide somewhere that shows you what exactly is required to be able to create,save and upload files to openstreets project.(in simple terms please)
Also can I save tracks for my own use either within google earth/maps or more interstingly open scource mapping that is rumoured to be available from Ordnance Survey in the coming months.
Can I do all steps using N800 and if so what software is required?
As I travel daily within my locality heres hoping I can put my time and N800 to good use.

Cheers

Originally Posted by proterra View Post
Having noticed ref to open streets on maemomapper thread and having access to highways some time before opened thought this was something I should give some time to.
But how?...Tried and failed to save a track using maemomapper so is their an idiots guide somewhere that shows you what exactly is required to be able to create,save and upload files to openstreets project.(in simple terms please)
Also can I save tracks for my own use either within google earth/maps or more interstingly open scource mapping that is rumoured to be available from Ordnance Survey in the coming months.
Can I do all steps using N800 and if so what software is required?
As I travel daily within my locality heres hoping I can put my time and N800 to good use.

Cheers
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index....nners%27_Guide

SEARCH! It's probably already been answered.

Thanks for link, successfully uploaded first couple of tracks and so far only using N800.
So no need to buy a gps data logger then........ and must remember to vary my route