Active Topics

Before I buy the Nokia N9, I want to make sure the skype works very well on n9, it is a must in my phone.

Is there any problems(small or big) with the skype on n9 that you have encountered so far?

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
No problem so far, just no videocall yet. Skype calls are just like real calls, on this phone (like on the N900) same log, same contacts

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
No problem so far, just no videocall yet. Skype calls are just like real calls, on this phone (like on the N900) same log, same contacts
thanks for the input

in the skype website, they state that it supports skype SMS(need little credit), can you confirm this?

it seems that the skype on n9 work well, is there any rant or complaint about the app? which area needs to be improved.

nope, no problems. I use Skype to call Skype contacts as well as mobile phones and landlines, and I haven't had any problems. (Only used it over wifi yet though). Correctly displays your remaining Skype credit, even while you're calling (you see it going down).
only problem, as mentioned above, no videocall.

I cannot confirm that SMS works. I haven't figured out how to send them, and I do have skype credit. Voice calls work quite well and are nicely integrated. I wish the same were true for SMS and video calls.

Originally Posted by wigginx View Post
I cannot confirm that SMS works. I haven't figured out how to send them, and I do have skype credit. Voice calls work quite well and are nicely integrated. I wish the same were true for SMS and video calls.
thanks for the input, is it really hard to figure out how to send sms via skype?

another question

can we send skype offline message to friend who is offline?

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ israel
yeah u can send msg even they are offline they recieve ur message when they got online.

u wanna buy LE shoes?hit us on facebook AUTHENTIC UNLIMITED

Hi All,

I noticed that while skype calls look like normal GSM calls , I cant use bluetooth via my car stereo for skype calls. Has anyone tried this?? I would be really glad if we can make Skype calls via bluetooth.

^^
Odd if all other audio is piped through your car stereo. What happens when you try a skype call in your car? I don't have bluetooth in my car, so can't test, but I can say that skype calling with a bluetooth headset works fine.