Active Topics

Hi my N900 lately keeps freezing up randomly becomes completely unresponsive so i cant do anything cant even use keyboard shortcut and minimize apps or open xterminal using keyboard or anything at all its getting worse all the time few days ago it was like once a day now more like every 6 hours or so it crashed and froze twice while posting this message! Please help!

Posts: 137 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Drama, Greece
reflash the phone

wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware

I only flashed it two weeks ago and spent two hours installing all games apps hacks softwares! It bloody crashed again while writing this message its like the 5th time in 3 hours! This time it was fastsms keyboard!

Posts: 502 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ /dev/null
Make sure you keep an up-to-date backup or else you can enjoy all the fun of reinstalling and setting it all up by hand.

Well i did have a back-up but all the mods and manuall debs installed took ages to get it done! Well so far ive resisted from using the fastsms vertual keybaord and things seems ok and not crashing at the moment but i need it for one hand usage! Dont know for sure if its that but seems to be on for a lil while longer than before! I also uninstalled cssu configurator, batterypatch, couple of other things i recently downloaded!

use backup-menu... it will backup everything.. even games and app with highscores... .. (both rootfs and optfs)

The Following User Says Thank You to TransTech For This Useful Post:
recently using mcip , a chinese input virtual keyboard.

The phone did freeze some times!
But i do install speed and batterypatch too.
i doubt that is something wrong with the profile switching method.

Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
Originally Posted by TransTech View Post
use backup-menu... it will backup everything.. even games and app with highscores... .. (both rootfs and optfs)
not a gud idea using it...as you said "it will backup everything"...it will backup all the problem/bug also so when you restore it then the problem is still there....

@romiiio

do you have qtlockscreen installed & did you use any custom transition???
if you do then remove qtlockscreen & use default transition or use theme transition (fast transitions in themes customizer) then reboot...

Originally Posted by romiiio View Post
Hi my N900 lately keeps freezing up randomly becomes completely unresponsive so i cant do anything cant even use keyboard shortcut and minimize apps or open xterminal using keyboard or anything at all its getting worse all the time few days ago it was like once a day now more like every 6 hours or so it crashed and froze twice while posting this message! Please help!
...and spent two hours installing all games apps hacks softwares...

...all the mods and manuall debs installed...

lol, just lol.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
reinstall battery patch and speedpatch..
and there's a thing "cputweak"
if u have it installed, it'll show ur phone once locked and kill a few processes which makes it kinda slow..
jus remove cputweak..