Active Topics

If I use the "Switch off!" option, or issue the command 'init 0', the phone reboots rather than shutdown. Does anyone know why this might be the case? I recently reflashed the rootfs for the first time because of a problem with the phone, and at the time had enabled and disabled rd mode. I wonder if I messed something up in the process.

Edit: looked at dmesg and it shows
Code:
Bootup reason: 32wd_to
so that's something I can look into.

Edit no 2: as far as I can tell this is only a problem if a network connection is up. If there's a gprs or wifi connection, it reboots instead of halting.

Last edited by ZedThou; 2011-10-03 at 01:53.

Posts: 502 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ /dev/null
  • Which firmware are you using?
  • Have you tried pressing and holding the power button until the device turns off? if so does it still reboot?
  • Have you overclocked the device before?
  • Would you happen to have a fancy partition setup which may have caused this? Or maybe some package you installed which may have caused this?
  • Have you tried reflashing to see if the problem persist?

The firmware file was RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.42-11.002_PR_COMBINED_002_ARM.bin
(PR 1.1?) after which I went through the upgrade process to PR 1.3. Pressing and holding the power button has exactly the same behaviour as the other shutdown methods. I've always run the power kernel, presently am on v48 and overclocked with limits 125 and 850. The partition setup is unmodified from stock. The only other package I can imagine which might be causing this behaviour is swappolube, I will have to try reverting to the stock settings and see if it still reboots instead of halts.

I would hate to reflash again to attempt to fix whatever problem has arisen. It was way too much work the first time to get my phone back to how I like it after reflashing the rootfs.

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
Are you sure RD mode is disabled? It really sounds like it's enabled.

Originally Posted by antezz View Post
Are you sure RD mode is disabled? It really sounds like it's enabled.
I remember after enabling rd mode that there was a bit of extra information displayed on the Nokia splash screen, as well as the little "tools" graphic. Then after disabling rd mode it's back to just the plain white splash screen without the extra text. Does this sound correct for disabled rd mode? Is there any other indication to look for to see if it might still be enabled?

Posts: 137 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Drama, Greece
Originally Posted by ZedThou View Post
If I use the "Switch off!" option, or issue the command 'init 0', the phone reboots rather than shutdown. Does anyone know why this might be the case? I recently reflashed the rootfs for the first time because of a problem with the phone, and at the time had enabled and disabled rd mode. I wonder if I messed something up in the process.

Edit: looked at dmesg and it shows
Code:
Bootup reason: 32wd_to
so that's something I can look into.

Edit no 2: as far as I can tell this is only a problem if a network connection is up. If there's a gprs or wifi connection, it reboots instead of halting.
this error i directly connected to power management= power kernel, try without overclocking and even without power kernel

Originally Posted by andreas.k View Post
this error i directly connected to power management= power kernel, try without overclocking and even without power kernel
I suspect you're correct. Today I can no longer reproduce the problem even though I haven't made any changes. That's just fine with me.