However both phones pale in comparison to the hardware specs of the Nokia Ace. If these details are indeed true, it will have a big 4.3 inch touch screen, a 1.4 Ghz CPU, 8 megapixel camera with auto focus, 16 GB of storage and support for the faster LTE wireless network. The blog claims that the Nokia Ace will be sold by AT&T in the first quarter of 2012.
source

It is kind of tragic that these devices were meant to be Meego devices, but at least they are coming, if the rumours are true of course.
I initially planned to buy the N9, but with WP7 getting better each day, and with such appealing hw specs i decided to wait.
My still well-working N900 allows me to.

2012 may indeed be ace from a tech standpoint.

The Following User Says Thank You to niche For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by niche View Post
source

It is kind of tragic that these devices were meant to be Meego devices, but at least they are coming, if the rumours are true of course.
I initially planned to buy the N9, but with WP7 getting better each day, and with such appealing hw specs i decided to wait.
My still well-working N900 allows me to.

2012 may indeed be ace from a tech standpoint.
Who says Ace was meant to be MeeGo device?
I don't even think Ace is real.

All the other names have actually leaked from some reputable source, why hasn't this been on those same lists? This is just some spec put together by Nokia/WP fan and sent to My Nokia Blog.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
I don't even think Ace is real.
Possibly, but regardless there is no doubt that there will be some top devices coming out. Which is why i consider moving from an ideological approach to a more pragmatic one. I still need more infos about WP7's shortcomings.

Even if this device is just virtual, it has actual consequences on my decision to possibly scrap the N9 and wait.
And that's what counts, no?

The Following User Says Thank You to niche For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
WP7 (Mango) does not even support dual core. See ms required specs.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
WP7 (Mango) does not even support dual core. See ms required specs.
LTE is another thing it doesn't support yet it is claimed to be on the spec sheet.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
LTE is another thing it doesn't support yet it is claimed to be on the spec sheet.
Actually what makes the guy who leaked this look a bit more shaky is that:

Should also be noted that the specification above are a direct quote from the insider and he mentions HSPA+ to be LTE, that it is not.
http://nokiagadgets.com/2011/10/01/a...ed-cbd-1-4ghz/

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
In any case it's bit pointless to speculate about Nokia's WP7 phone specs. Unless one wants to speculate about exact megapixel count there is no point. Everything else will be set by Microsoft for all manufacturers.

"Mango opens the door to a little more differentiation, but not much. Second generation phones will all use Qualcomm Snapdragon 8x55 or 7x30 processors, compared to the first generation's 8x50 ("x" is either a 2, for GSM models, or a 6, for CDMA ones). 8x55 and 7x30 both have lower power consumption and stronger GPUs than 8x50 (Adreno 205 instead of 200); they also include hardware-accelerated video transcoding, which Mango will leverage if available. The 8x55s offer potentially higher clock speeds of up to 1.5GHz compared to 8x50's 1GHz, while the 7x30s are a little slower at 800MHz. The minimum RAM requirement has been raised from 256MiB to 384. And the minimum flash storage has been reduced from 8GiB to 4.

All new phones must include a camera (minimum 5 megapixels) and an accelerometer, light sensor, proximity sensor, and GPS. The second generation specification adds support for an optional front-facing camera (minimum VGA resolution), gyroscope, and magnetometer/compass (with the restriction that all phones with a gyroscope also include the compass, but phones may include the compass without the gyro).
"

Arstechnica

The Following User Says Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by niche View Post
Possibly, but regardless there is no doubt that there will be some top devices coming out. Which is why i consider moving from an ideological approach to a more pragmatic one. I still need more infos about WP7's shortcomings.

Even if this device is just virtual, it has actual consequences on my decision to possibly scrap the N9 and wait.
And that's what counts, no?
you'll be in an even worse position then with the N900...
@ least with Maemo, it is possible for the community to tinker the software
with m$, you are a sitting duck, waiting to be capsized by Redmond
plus after NOKIA leaves the platform behind (it won't sell, no more with a NOKIA logo then with any other); m$ already admitted the failure.

why won't NOKIA devices w/ m$ sell?
simply because what made NOKIA's quality was its functionality. w/ LostDOS paralysed, that is gone, thus NOKIAs will be just like any other wp device, staying on the shelves...

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Finally some windows phones. Will be nice to se what they come up with. Who cares about the specs? It's the user experience.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
you'll be in an even worse position then with the N900...
@ least with Maemo, it is possible for the community to tinker the software
with m$, you are a sitting duck, waiting to be capsized by Redmond .
We've been sitting ducks as well, there are just too many closed bits within fremantle. The propagated freedom has always been an illusion, Morpheus. Ask qwerty.

With Mango, M$ already proved that they are listening to its users. If that's not enough, there is always XDA. When did Nokia as an OS Provider ever listen to us?

Granted, Nokia did many things right in the first place, so listening to the userbase would have created warm feelings, but was not really top priority.

There is no need to mourn the death of the "truely open phone"-paradigm, because it just never existed.

Tags
idle banter, misterdork, misteridiot, mr.cuckoo, mrsdada