Notices

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Time for a new app: In my daily commute I got bugged by the lack of even a half decent Caltrain schedule program for Qt phones.

So, announcing the brand new caltrain app for Maemo, Symbian and Meego.

It's still a work in progress, so all I have is screenshots of the Harmattan build, so here goes:
Attached Images

qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to uvatbc For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
cool,i have been missing this since long ,i hope china metro schedule is added too .

Originally Posted by prankster View Post
cool,i have been missing this since long ,i hope china metro schedule is added too .
I'm sorry I didn't get that. Is there some caltrain schedule called China metro?
This app is an interface for the caltrain schedules.

The Following User Says Thank You to uvatbc For This Useful Post:
Harmattan deb.
This will go to the Ovi store soon.

Next up: Maemo and Symbian builds
Attached Files
File Type: deb caltrain_0.1.48-1_armel.deb (77.6 KB, 67 views)

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
uvatbc ,you probably wanna check this out ..probably will help you to make any harmattan app to run on maemo 5 easily .
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...9&postcount=14

Originally Posted by prankster View Post
uvatbc ,you probably wanna check this out ..probably will help you to make any harmattan app to run on maemo 5 easily .
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...9&postcount=14
Thanks - but for me, Maemo and Symbian builds are just a matter of tweaking my build scripts.
I should be done in about a day or two.

All builds will be available on Ovi - for free.

Caltrain app is on the Ovi Store: http://store.ovi.com/content/196098

A new build as well as the Symbian version will be built soon.

Posts: 195 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ SF Bay Area, United States
Originally Posted by uvatbc View Post
Harmattan deb.
This will go to the Ovi store soon.

Next up: Maemo and Symbian builds
Thanks for the app. I stopped using Caltrain a while ago, but this app will be definitely useful for people in bay area. I installed on harmattan and this is what I noticed.

- The icon might look better if you somehow removed that white background (and just retain the black glyph).
- I clicked Select for both From and To, but the station names are not populated. I can only see the header Stops.
- Caltrain has a habit of not running on schedule and not informing people about it. You must have used the crowd-sourced caltrain twitter feed (https://twitter.com/caltrain) where anyone can check the delays etc. A screen to display this feed (as an RSS feed perhaps) would be a great feature for your app.

Maintainer of Markets Today (Yahoo Finance based desktop widget/app)

The Following User Says Thank You to scifi.guy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by scifi.guy View Post
Thanks for the app. I stopped using Caltrain a while ago, but this app will be definitely useful for people in bay area. I installed on harmattan and this is what I noticed.
Thanks for trying it out!

- The icon might look better if you somehow removed that white background (and just retain the black glyph).
I agree. I'll try making it transparent so that the pearl(?) background is visible.

- I clicked Select for both From and To, but the station names are not populated. I can only see the header Stops.
Wow. that makes it basically unusable... Maybe I forgot to add the database to the deb. Did you pick up the one from Ovi ?

- Caltrain has a habit of not running on schedule and not informing people about it. You must have used the crowd-sourced caltrain twitter feed (https://twitter.com/caltrain) where anyone can check the delays etc. A screen to display this feed (as an RSS feed perhaps) would be a great feature for your app.
Exactly! Another caltrain co-traveler said that exact same thing.
I'll get to it as soon as I manage to make the basics work....

Posts: 195 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ SF Bay Area, United States
Originally Posted by uvatbc View Post
Wow. that makes it basically unusable... Maybe I forgot to add the database to the deb. Did you pick up the one from Ovi ?
I tried the deb first and then from ovi. But I doubt the ovi re-installed the package, because I didn't get any prompt.

Maintainer of Markets Today (Yahoo Finance based desktop widget/app)