Ok, first of all, I can not believe that some of the most popular PDA phones arent supported by this thing. Having the EV-DO with me all the time is half the reason I bought it. So now Im staring down the tube at selling the XV6600 to get a traditional flip style phone...

Does anyone know which Verizon Phones work with the 770?

Also, being that this is an open source plaform, is anyone developing software fixes for some of the more popular Pocket PCs? I rarely do the early adopter thing and usually wait as these are the types of products drop in price dramatically, but I figured it was worth it for the capability this unit provides.

I swear I like the engineering that went into this thing, but between this issue and the problems I had playing some videos and WEP issues on the first night Ive owned it, I may end up just going for the Toshiba Libretto U100 I wanted to begin with. Much more cumbersome though but also more friendly.

Last edited by Playdrv4me; 2005-12-18 at 18:03.

AFAIK, verizon disables the bluetooth profile needed, DUN, to use their phones
as bluetooth modems. I'd suggest checking the verizon forum at howardforums.com
for more info.

The Bluetooth profiles for DUN are not disabled on the LG VX9800, the Samsung SCH-i730 and the XV6600.

You can activate the DUN profile on the Moto e815 by pressing -> ##342587 (that stands for DIALUP if you spell it out on the keypad). you must do this very fast. if you don't get to the menu, try again. this tactic also works on the Moto v710. I've been using the dialup profile with my HP 4700 & e815 until my 770 arrives.

Last edited by matt_sparks; 2005-12-18 at 23:16.

Originally Posted by Playdrv4me
The Bluetooth profiles for DUN are not disabled on the LG VX9800, the Samsung SCH-i730 and the XV6600.
Good to know. I stand corrected. Sadly two of these phones are pda phones, and the other is the new "V" phone, so none of them are particularly small. Idealy, a smaller more basic phone might be a better match for the 770, but at least there's something that works - with EV-DO no less.

the lg vx8100 is small

the new CDMA Moto RAZR will be a great match - bluetooth & EVDO. I do think verizon will disable the DUN, but give it time and someone will hack or find a way to enable it. hopefully it'll be as easy as the Moto e815.

Hi,

First time poster, just ordered the 770 yesterday. I recently purchased the Nokia 6256i (for Verizon Wireless) specifically because it is the only phone for VZW that has unadulterated Bluetooth. It is only available from Best Buy and Radio Shack and perhaps other indirect sales channels. Speculation has it that VZW will not carry this phone in their retail stores.

While I have not tried the DUN profile, I am quite sure it will work, though the phone is 1x it is not EV-DO.

I'm hoping to pair the 6256i with the 770 as well.