The new "limited-time" plans are more interesting for family plans with more than two lines imo, but the short of it is as follows:

- First two lines are unlimited voice, text, data for $49.99/mo per line
- Next three lines are $15/mo per line for unlimited text and data, but limited to 500 whenever minutes (still unlimited nights and weekends)

The T-Mobile deals site details the options like dropping $20/month off the total bill if 1000 whenever minutes would do for the family or knock $10/mo off each of the add-on lines (so $5/mo for them) if the kids don't need data...

The catch is that it requires a two year contract but doesn't include a phone. However, everyone here would bring their own anyways, and with the AT&T acquisition of T-Mobile looming over us, a two year contract might actually work to our benefit... If any of you aren't on T-Mobile and getting your 3.5g speeds, you should look into it.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with T-Mobile. I just think it's a pretty decent deal (though personally, my currently plan with them is still slightly cheaper for my needs).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jschan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I think I'll stick to my $15 a month Tmobile plan and pay $1.50 a day for an Internet day pass on the rare days that I plan to be away from my WiFi. Two years is an awfully long committment in this time of quick-changing technology.

I don't think the merger will go thru.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 306 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Romania
Because Romania is poor country

RCS & RDS offers all subscribers to fixed Internet fiber, a free subscription mobile internet mobile phones.

From 1 August 2011, all subscribers to fixed Internet Digi Net Fiberlink fiber can get free mobile phone internet. Free Mobile Internet, Mobile Net Digi Associate, has a transfer rate of up to 7.2 Mbps and unlimited traffic included a release of the operator.

The phone and unlimited voice subscription * was already offered as a gift.

so i think you are cheated

* my wife have one and drive me crazy with phone calls. free calls > nightmares

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I think I'll stick to my $15 a month Tmobile plan and pay $1.50 a day for an Internet day pass on the rare days that I plan to be away from my WiFi
What T-Mobile plan is $15/month ?

I have the old $10 unlimited data plan which gets throttled after 5GBs on T-mobile. Be careful with this one though I heard this plan get throttled after only 2GBs supposedly.

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Originally Posted by youngronn View Post
Be careful with this one though I heard this plan get throttled after only 2GBs supposedly.
It actually says so clearly on that advertisement page.

Originally Posted by youngronn View Post
I have the old $10 unlimited data plan which gets throttled after 5GBs on T-mobile. Be careful with this one though I heard this plan get throttled after only 2GBs supposedly.
If that's true, the current deal is basically the same as what you have. Broken down, the costs per line are :

- unlimited data is $10/mo @ 2GB throttle
- unlimited text is ~$5/mo
- unlimited voice is ~$20/mo

Depending on what you want, you can get some freebies. For example:
- unlimited text on the first two lines gets you unlimited text on the additional lines
- unlimited voice on the first two lines gets you 500 minutes on the additional lines

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
I checked into a T-mobile store yesterday to see how this worked and what it would cost me in the end to switch over from my current plan for my 4 lines. Just to get data and smsīs onto 2/4 lines.

I was also considering adding a second line for myself, for a total of 5 lines.

T-mobile wanted a "plan migration fee" of $150 per existing line for changing over to that above plan, so I politely said hell no.

If they donīt want an extra $40/month from me than thatīs fine by me.

The Following User Says Thank You to olighak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by olighak View Post
I checked into a T-mobile store yesterday to see how this worked and what it would cost me in the end to switch over from my current plan for my 4 lines. Just to get data and smsīs onto 2/4 lines.

I was also considering adding a second line for myself, for a total of 5 lines.

T-mobile wanted a "plan migration fee" of $150 per existing line for changing over to that above plan, so I politely said hell no.

If they donīt want an extra $40/month from me than thatīs fine by me.
Yeah, I read somewhere that if you are in contract already, they would charge you. Depending how far along you are in the current contract, they are charging up to $200. Apparently, some people have had success in making a stink about it though and having the fee waived.

Would be nice to actually have some competition between carriers in the US.
For example, Virgin Mobile (Sprint) has a pretty nice prepaid offer: 300 minutes, unlimited SMS, unlimited data (but with throttling after a certain traffic) for 35 bucks a month. It used to be 25 a month, but in the spirit of US wireless carriers, they increased it by 10 bucks just because.
So T-mobile should do something similar, maybe even cheaper (I think Sprint has more coverage, no?).