Active Topics

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Meppen, Germany
Hey guys hope you can help me again =)

I want to completely reset my N900, without loosing some of my data.

First question; If I flash only the FIASCO Image (not eMMC) - is it like a "Hard Reset" (Device feels as smooth as when I buyed it)? Afaik some of the settings of Apps are stored on eMMC and also my Calendar and Contacts, Conversations. . .

Second question ; If I reset RootFS AND eMMC (flash Fiasco AND Vanilla Images) - how may I backup my Data correctly?

I want to keep Contacts, Calendar, Messages, Call Log (if possible). All other settings are safe to delete.

I could also reSync my Contacts and Calendar via Google Exchange thingie there, but I really want to keep my Messages and Conversations (and I dont want to relink all the lets say ICQ Accounts to their correspondending Contacts, that would be tons of work )

And, last question; How can I hide unneeded Facebook and Google Contacts without deleting them from the Source? Just delete them on N900?

Thanks for any help provided here =)

Robin

Community Council | Posts: 680 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
For your first question, the section What does it do on the wiki page https://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_firmware has the info you need.

For your second question, osso-backup, the default backup app can do all you have specified

Third question... I'm not at all sure. But Settings in the Contacts app has an option Delete all contacts from device. It may be what you want... but backup first to be on the safe side.. perhaps someone else can correct this

Last edited by sicelo; 2011-07-24 at 17:54. Reason: added extra info

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Meppen, Germany
only thing I want to keep are my conversations and my links between contacts of google and ICQ and so on ;D the rest can resync
After I restored from osso-backup I had problem I needed to relink all accounts again thats so much work >.<

Any way to backup the links between accounts?

Thanks
Robin