Active Topics

Hello everyone,

I've got a problem, my N900 desktop won't load all the different widget like usual. I've got only a couple of my contact on the desktop showing up normaly but 3 web page shortcuts are blinking on and off on the desktop. On top of that the operator logo is also blinking on and off and the phone is running hot.

I had this problem before so I have flashed the phone. It was fine until I reinstall all my applications...

In Htop I got these processes:
/bin/sh -e -c ## get dbus session bus address
/usr/bin/hildon-home
going at 100% CPU on and off all the time with a different PID all the time.

Does anyone has a clue of what's going on? I know it might be one application causing this. But all the pplications I have installed, I had them before and didn't have any problems. It might have started when I installed callerx the 1st time before, flashing the N900 yesterday. But I haven't reinstalled it yet but this problem still occur.

Can someone give me some help.

Thank you.

Hello
I had the same problem (hildon-home at 100%, missing some widgets). The only solution that I found is to deactivate every Widget that has something to do with the calendar. I'm syncing my calendar with to different devices. While a Calendar-Widget is running i'm not able to sync properly over bluethooth and a Nokia C5-00. PC-Suite syncing works fine.
I assume that calendar-widget causes problems and crashes of hildon-home and the sync process.
Hope it helps.

Originally Posted by maemax View Post
Hello
I had the same problem (hildon-home at 100%, missing some widgets). The only solution that I found is to deactivate every Widget that has something to do with the calendar. I'm syncing my calendar with to different devices. While a Calendar-Widget is running i'm not able to sync properly over bluethooth and a Nokia C5-00. PC-Suite syncing works fine.
I assume that calendar-widget causes problems and crashes of hildon-home and the sync process.
Hope it helps.
Hey maemax,

I also had some issues with the calendar widget but it was related to files transferred from previous Nokia phone to the N900. The calendar database was growing exponentially to some Gb instead of staying in the Mb. I have sorted it out already.

This one I think is different. WelI now the phone is on a reboot loop. I will probably end up re-flashing the Emmc and OS.

Thank for you suggestion anyway.

Hmm, interessting what you tell about the calendar database. Where can I find this database?

Originally Posted by maemax View Post
Hmm, interessting what you tell about the calendar database. Where can I find this database?
It is in /user/home/.calendar/ ... Better use Filesbox application.
Sorry it's /home/user/.calendar/

Last edited by yanness; 2011-07-22 at 13:03.