Posts: 21 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Turin, Italy
So i`ve been having problems with my n900, the first 4 times it was the "all telephony functions disabled" error and now it seems to be the usb port...it simply won`t charge, i brought it back to nokia care about a month ago and the shipped it to nokia right away but to the current day it still didn`t return...a whole month and no sign of it, i called nokia care and they said that they might be missing spare pieces to fix it and it might take a while and when i asked if there was a certain time period in witch they need to fix it they said no so theoretically it could take a whole year.....all these times i had my phone sent in for warrany and time passes and no warranty extension....doesen`t seem really fair of nokia....i`m really dissapointed but there just isn`t any other phone i like

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to salemsnake For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by salemsnake View Post
So i`ve been having problems with my n900, the first 4 times it was the "all telephony functions disabled" error and now it seems to be the usb port...it simply won`t charge, i brought it back to nokia care about a month ago and the shipped it to nokia right away but to the current day it still didn`t return...a whole month and no sign of it, i called nokia care and they said that they might be missing spare pieces to fix it and it might take a while and when i asked if there was a certain time period in witch they need to fix it they said no so theoretically it could take a whole year.....all these times i had my phone sent in for warrany and time passes and no warranty extension....doesen`t seem really fair of nokia....i`m really dissapointed but there just isn`t any other phone i like
I empathize. You're PRECISELY the case example for the arguments I've made for how poor Nokia's support seems to be. It's at best frustrating and at worse disgraceful and appalling. I never had such poor support from a manufacturer or vendor as I've had dealing with Nokia. It's difficult enough to even get just a spare part from them. There's something to be said for a company that has broad point-of-presence in the regions where they sell their products. I'm glad that I was able to walk into a Verizon store to get a new Motorola Droid to replace my lost/stolen original Droid at the time. I had it replaced the SAME DAY--I didn't have to mail something all over God's creation and hope it manages to find its way back to me. When I lost the battery cover, Motorola sent me a FREE replacement battery cover--free delivery, too.. and it was send 2nd day airmail. Pronto! When Amazon shipped me a defective pair of Motorola stereo bluetooth headphones, Amazon IMMEDIATELY sent me a new pair before I even had to send them my old pair. THAT is customer support--even from entities that weren't in a brick-and-mortar store. Amazon and Motorola MAILED me replacements free of charge and IMMEDIATELY (within two days in both cases)... not 30+ days like Nokia is notorious for... if you even get it back within that time. Likely, you'll be WELL past any warranty just waiting for your return merchandise. How convenient.

Yup.. after purchasing Nokia a few times and dealing with Nokia support, I'll never buy another one of their products again even if they're technically better products. Not at this rate, anyway.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
I empathize. You're PRECISELY the case example for the arguments I've made for how poor Nokia's support seems to be. It's at best frustrating and at worse disgraceful and appalling. I never had such poor support from a manufacturer or vendor as I've had dealing with Nokia. It's difficult enough to even get just a spare part from them. There's something to be said for a company that has broad point-of-presence in the regions where they sell their products. I'm glad that I was able to walk into a Verizon store to get a new Motorola Droid to replace my lost/stolen original Droid at the time. I had it replaced the SAME DAY--I didn't have to mail something all over God's creation and hope it manages to find its way back to me. When I lost the battery cover, Motorola sent me a FREE replacement battery cover--free delivery, too.. and it was send 2nd day airmail. Pronto! When Amazon shipped me a defective pair of Motorola stereo bluetooth headphones, Amazon IMMEDIATELY sent me a new pair before I even had to send them my old pair. THAT is customer support--even from entities that weren't in a brick-and-mortar store. Amazon and Motorola MAILED me replacements free of charge and IMMEDIATELY (within two days in both cases)... not 30+ days like Nokia is notorious for... if you even get it back within that time. Likely, you'll be WELL past any warranty just waiting for your return merchandise. How convenient.

Yup.. after purchasing Nokia a few times and dealing with Nokia support, I'll never buy another one of their products again even if they're technically better products. Not at this rate, anyway.
Nokia is of course short of N900s at this time.I have a feeling that Motorola wasn't clean out of Droids when they shipped Danramose one within a couple of days.

I needed a different type of connector to plug into electrical outlets and Nolia sent me one IMMEDIATELY at no charge. But of course that is of no interest to peoplel looking for facts fitting their presupositions.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Nokia is of course short of N900s at this time.I have a feeling that Motorola wasn't clean out of Droids when they shipped Danramose one within a couple of days.

I needed a different type of connector to plug into electrical outlets and Nolia sent me one IMMEDIATELY at no charge. But of course that is of no interest to peoplel looking for facts fitting their presupositions.
Fact: Kickstand was damaged on my N800, fact: no parts to be found, couldn't take it back to the store (past warranty), couldn't get Nokia to fix it without mailing it to them (at LEAST 30 days in the mail--unacceptable), fact: Nokia was no help at all and, at that time, you couldn't even find them on eBay much less anywhere else. fact: I couldn't even so much as find a local repair center to take it to to pay to get it fixed.

Fact: My newly purchased, second N800's resistive screen digitizer misread presses AND the headphone jack was damaged, fact: once again, no replacement parts to be found.. certainly nothing reputable, and couldn't bring it anywhere to get fixed.

Fact: Lost stylus, no replacements.

Fact: Broken headphones (shoddy design, great sounding but easy to break foldable headphones), again past store warranty but within Nokia warranty, they wouldn't repair/replace them just the same but offered a discount on the full price for the same headphones (which ended up being MUCH more than I'd paid for them).

And so on and so on...

Sorry, but fact remains that Nokia's lack of face-to-face store support, their lack of reasonably competitive support and their insulting offer of a discount (what they pass for a discount in lieu is service) is unacceptable even when these devices were new and not in short supply--and I've read similar stories here in addition to shared experiences with the family, friends and associates who've purchased N800's and other Nokia phones, bluetooth headsets and other devices too.

I'm reasonably certain that Nokia was not clean out of N800's nor bluetooth stereo headphones when danramos sought their customer service and support. Nokia failed multiple times, while Verizon, Motorola, Samsung and Amazon all repeatedly provided excellent and swift service in several ways.

Mind you, I'm sharing a bit of my own experience here, but it seemed similar to the stories shared with me with those people I'm aquainted with. None of them will ever buy Nokia after their experiences either. But I'm sure that is of no interest to people looking for facts fitting their presuppositions
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
hi,

i got the same problem with my usb port. after the phone wasn't repaired within 4 weeks i go to the nokia store again and ask them to give me the money back. they promised to find a solution. next day they give me a brand new n900. repairing one device 5 times isn't acceptable and the law should be on your side.

regards

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
I'm pretty sure if Amazon sent you a defective nokia headset they would have sent you a new pair the exact same way. Same certainly goes for verizon. Only the back cover replacement is relevant.

Posts: 502 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ /dev/null
Some people whom have sent their N900 in for service was offered N8 instead back. I don't know if you will end up in the same shoes as those ex-N900 users who now have to work with N8 will be happy or not. Certainly I won't be happy to have my N900 replaced with N8 and definitely won't send my N900 in even if its damaged.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tuxsavvy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
Fact: Kickstand was damaged on my N800, fact: no parts to be found, couldn't take it back to the store (past warranty), couldn't get Nokia to fix it without mailing it to them (at LEAST 30 days in the mail--unacceptable), fact: Nokia was no help at all and, at that time, you couldn't even find them on eBay much less anywhere else. fact: I couldn't even so much as find a local repair center to take it to to pay to get it fixed.

Fact: My newly purchased, second N800's resistive screen digitizer misread presses AND the headphone jack was damaged, fact: once again, no replacement parts to be found.. certainly nothing reputable, and couldn't bring it anywhere to get fixed.

Fact: Lost stylus, no replacements.

Fact: Broken headphones (shoddy design, great sounding but easy to break foldable headphones), again past store warranty but within Nokia warranty, they wouldn't repair/replace them just the same but offered a discount on the full price for the same headphones (which ended up being MUCH more than I'd paid for them).

And so on and so on...

Sorry, but fact remains that Nokia's lack of face-to-face store support, their lack of reasonably competitive support and their insulting offer of a discount (what they pass for a discount in lieu is service) is unacceptable even when these devices were new and not in short supply--and I've read similar stories here in addition to shared experiences with the family, friends and associates who've purchased N800's and other Nokia phones, bluetooth headsets and other devices too.

I'm reasonably certain that Nokia was not clean out of N800's nor bluetooth stereo headphones when danramos sought their customer service and support. Nokia failed multiple times, while Verizon, Motorola, Samsung and Amazon all repeatedly provided excellent and swift service in several ways.

Mind you, I'm sharing a bit of my own experience here, but it seemed similar to the stories shared with me with those people I'm aquainted with. None of them will ever buy Nokia after their experiences either. But I'm sure that is of no interest to people looking for facts fitting their presuppositions
And to think, you are the same person who told me that anecdotal evidence is essentially meaningless and cannot be applied to everyone. Funny how that only seems to apply when someone is saying something you disagree with.

My experience with Nokia care? Go to website and put in IMEI number to check warranty status. Print off form detailing the problems. Send phone off and it arrived 3 days later, tracked postage. Check Nokia site for repair status, called them up at one point with questions on the status and had no issues at all, very helpful customer service rep. Received phone back within 10 days of sending it off, which includes the phone being received within one or two days of Nokia posting it.Couldn't have had a better experience. I am aware though of many people who have had bad experience with many other companies, including Amazon and Samsung. So my opinion of it all is that any company provides good and bad experiences. Complaining about a product that Nokia no longer make or sell or support seems somewhat redundant.

God knows how you sent a phone for it to take 30 days just in the mail, and then that's somehow Nokia's fault. Then again i'm never surprised by your posts anymore, you seem to just hunt out threads that you can post more anti-Nokia stuff in. What does surprise me though is why you bother coming here at all.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to richwhite For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by erendorn View Post
I'm pretty sure if Amazon sent you a defective nokia headset they would have sent you a new pair the exact same way. Same certainly goes for verizon. Only the back cover replacement is relevant.
Except that the Nokia headset broke past the 30-day store's warranty period, but within Nokia's warranty period. The Motorola headset arrived damaged (unable to charge) and was replaced immediately by Amazon. I've not had to deal with Motorola directly until I dealt with a missing battery cover--which they covered immediately by sending a new one via two-day air shipping for free. Nokia didn't do anything for me--didn't even offer to repair it for a cost. They said they would give me a discount from their full price--which ultimately was far more than I'd paid for the headsets to start with.

Originally Posted by richwhite View Post
And to think, you are the same person who told me that anecdotal evidence is essentially meaningless and cannot be applied to everyone. Funny how that only seems to apply when someone is saying something you disagree with.

My experience with Nokia care? Go to website and put in IMEI number to check warranty status. Print off form detailing the problems. Send phone off and it arrived 3 days later, tracked postage. Check Nokia site for repair status, called them up at one point with questions on the status and had no issues at all, very helpful customer service rep. Received phone back within 10 days of sending it off, which includes the phone being received within one or two days of Nokia posting it.Couldn't have had a better experience. I am aware though of many people who have had bad experience with many other companies, including Amazon and Samsung. So my opinion of it all is that any company provides good and bad experiences. Complaining about a product that Nokia no longer make or sell or support seems somewhat redundant.

God knows how you sent a phone for it to take 30 days just in the mail, and then that's somehow Nokia's fault. Then again i'm never surprised by your posts anymore, you seem to just hunt out threads that you can post more anti-Nokia stuff in. What does surprise me though is why you bother coming here at all.
Well said. My experience is, indeed, anecdotal but on the whole it does appear to be a typical experience with most of the people I've spoken to (thus anecdotal and common among my offline group of friends). I would LOVE to see some actual numbers regarding how quickly and how well customers were taken care of by stores (online included) and by manufacturers. Considering the number of people who had jumped into an N800 with me back in 2007 when I'd bought mine and how their experience has been soured, versus the generally better experiences today with other vendors and manufacturers, in general, in addition to Nokia's rapidly dropping market share and numbers, I have to imagine people tried to like Nokia but couldn't. I have one coworker in particular who REALLY was a big Nokia fan for many years even before I'd met him--but he's jumped off that bandwagon some time ago, too, after getting burned a few times.

I came here for the InternetTabletTalk. I know you don't like to read the criticism, but it's been warranted in my experience and from the experience of the people around me at work, home and amongst friends offline and I'm one of the few of this particular bunch that still manages to check back in here (among other places, lest you think this is the only place I come to) to check on things and hoping to hear about better news. I still find myself (and the others) waiting for some good news from Nokia after our experiences (maybe some improvement in their presence, service, products, SOMETHING) but they seem to be increasingly disinterested in what the customers want. I suspect, at this rate, I'll probably stop coming by here at some point soon too, no worries for you there.

Last edited by danramos; 2011-07-05 at 17:31.

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
Except that the Nokia headset broke past the 30-day store's warranty period, but within Nokia's warranty period. The Motorola headset arrived damaged (unable to charge) and was replaced immediately by Amazon. I've not had to deal with Motorola directly until I dealt with a missing battery cover--which they covered immediately by sending a new one via two-day air shipping for free. Nokia didn't do anything for me--didn't even offer to repair it for a cost. They said they would give me a discount from their full price--which ultimately was far more than I'd paid for the headsets to start with.

Well said. My experience is, indeed, anecdotal but on the whole it does appear to be a typical experience with most of the people I've spoken to (thus anecdotal and common among my offline group of friends). I would LOVE to see some actual numbers regarding how quickly and how well customers were taken care of by stores (online included) and by manufacturers. Considering the number of people who had jumped into an N800 with me back in 2007 when I'd bought mine and how their experience has been soured, versus the generally better experiences today with other vendors and manufacturers, in general, in addition to Nokia's rapidly dropping market share and numbers, I have to imagine people tried to like Nokia but couldn't. I have one coworker in particular who REALLY was a big Nokia fan for many years even before I'd met him--but he's jumped off that bandwagon some time ago, too, after getting burned a few times.

I came here for the InternetTabletTalk. I know you don't like to read the criticism, but it's been warranted in my experience and from the experience of the people around me at work, home and amongst friends offline and I'm one of the few of this particular bunch that still manages to check back in here (among other places, lest you think this is the only place I come to) to check on things and hoping to hear about better news. I still find myself (and the others) waiting for some good news from Nokia after our experiences (maybe some improvement in their presence, service, products, SOMETHING) but they seem to be increasingly disinterested in what the customers want. I suspect, at this rate, I'll probably stop coming by here at some point soon too, no worries for you there.
I don't mind reading the criticism, i just don't understand when every post is negative. If I dislike something that much i avoid it, which is why i never ventured into the Android forums.

As for the customer support figures, i would also be very interested in that. Then again, and i suspect this applies to other people rather than you, the N800 came out a fair while ago so who's to say that things haven't changed? I had my aboe incident only about 6 weeks ago for instance.

The Following User Says Thank You to richwhite For This Useful Post:

Tags
bad impressions, customerservice