Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Wales
Ive had this problem for awhile now with Conversations. Whenever I hit 3000+ sent and received messages my phone will decide not to send anymore.

It will simply show a constant sending icon in the message chat and won't leave unless the message is deleted. Also If another message is sent at the same time as the first or whilst the first message is showing the sending icon, then the phone will forget about the second message and not remember it in the conversations.

This is without any email stored. I have 100mb of free RAM. 5gb of free space in MyDocs. 1gb free in Home and 500mb free in SWAP.

I have the latest CSSU installed. Kernel v47 with BleedingEdge and overclocked at 250mhz - 1000mhz.

I'm pretty sure I have had this problem since before I started overclocking and definately sure I had it before I used CSSU and BleedingEdge.

So any thoughts?

I got around it by deleting messages to keep it below 3000 but as soon as as get to 3000+ I start to get this problem.

I need to get around this but can't delete anymore of my messages.

Nokia N900 - Kernel V47 OC'd at 1.15mhz, CSSU, BleedingEdge, 64gb, H-E-N.

Need a ROM for an emulator on the N900? Then send me a message and Thank me in return.

If I help you somehow in a post then please press thanks next to it!

Message me @ Dale_Foster_1099@Hotmail.com
Xbox @ Pyro1099
Last.fm @ Pyro1099
Twitter @ Pyro1099

If this is against the forum rules then sorry.

Bump.

Need a ROM for an emulator on the N900? Then send me a message and Thank me in return.

Xbox @ Pyro1099
Last.fm @ Pyro1099
Twitter @ Pyro1099

Posts: 265 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Sydney, Australia
this might help:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...2&postcount=40

or just delete your messages just before you get to 3000

Originally Posted by flipalong View Post
this might help:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...2&postcount=40

or just delete your messages just before you get to 3000
I won't use it until I know more but thanks. Deleting my messages is a no at the moment. I've stopped texting until someone solves my problem.

Xbox @ Pyro1099
Last.fm @ Pyro1099
Twitter @ Pyro1099

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australian in the Philippines
I've got a few more than 3000 messages and I don't have any problem sending. I think at some point you need to take the advice of others, flipalong posted a link that I think will, at best, fix your issue, at worst, do absolutely nothing. Give it a try. From your description it sounds like your database is corrupt - you can't make it any worse at this point.

If you are really paranoid about losing messages, install glogarchive and back it all up, or just copy the database file elsewhere before you do anything.

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
I have this same issue now when hitting close to 3000 sms the conversatins start to bug.

I now have red ! Ontop of the letter icon in conversatins main window.

I had roughly 17000 on my phone before it had to be sent for repair.
Are you sure your sim isn't limited to 3000 per month?
Usually if it's unlimited the limit is 3000 and it won't let you send more. Perhaps by deleting some you trick the system or something?

Try checking your bill details online or ring up your network provider before faulting the phone. Might even just be a dodgey sim card!