Poll: Should MeeGo devs inform maemo.org users through talk.maemo.org?
Poll Options
Should MeeGo devs inform maemo.org users through talk.maemo.org?

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
AND ???????.
And as mentionned a hundred times in this thread, state is well below Maemo, and progress well above.

Which means it IS going somewhere, even if you repeat in 50 different ways that it is less functional than maemo right now (which is true but clearly not the point). And this is basically the only thing you've ever done in this thread.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
really...... well throw this open to everyone and let everyone give there opinion of meego ok.

Stop directing your madness at me and wait untill people comment about the meego build and how good or bad it is... OK.

I boot some meego builds from time to time so I can see
a) state
b) progress
so I'm pretty aware of were these two are, thanks.
I am soooo not getting what you're after now.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Maybe it's time for a new notification: This message is ignored because abill_uk is on your clueless list.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I am soooo not getting what you're after now.
Is simple really, to find out the latest on this Meego adaption for the N900 and who is doing what about it's future because if this community does take a dive then maybe there might be a slight dimm chance some dev's can push this adaption further before that happens.

The reason for my comments are to find out where we are at currently and future IF there is one for meego regarding the N900.

I personally think it is so slow going it will fizz out soon and what with the lack of support from this community even for the cssu it does not look good.

Bad "news" always has a sidekick to it and if enough people are really interested in meego then reading this thread might rustle up something, who knows.

Got nothing to lose here we can only move forward, right now for 8 months or so of work it is abismal in my estimation so something has gone wrong somewhere.

Any further comments anyone?????.

Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
Maybe it's time for a new notification: This message is ignored because abill_uk is on your clueless list.
Are you going to carry this charade on or will you just STFU and allow people to have opinions????.

Your post is a direct attack and should be deleted along with this post.

Originally Posted by erendorn View Post
And as mentionned a hundred times in this thread, state is well below Maemo, and progress well above.
Are you being realistic here or are you just dreaming?.

every time you reply to abill....

... errr well...

lets just say he is typing with 1 hand

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frappacino For This Useful Post:
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 732 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Finland
funny how so many threads in this forum turn into off topic nonsense and trolling after the first few pages. In most cases there's nothing worth reading or commenting to after page 5.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by timoph View Post
funny how so many threads in this forum turn into off topic nonsense and trolling after the first few pages. In most cases there's nothing worth reading or commenting to after page 5.
This post is after page 5. Were you intentionally being ironic?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 726 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Sweden
I personally think it is so slow going it will fizz out soon ...
Then flex your project leader muscles and try to be a little creative: What milestones should have been reached in the time that has been spent developing? Don't forget to make your list of milestones as complete as possible and assign every milestone a time estimate.

Make clear comments about the size of the different teams, how they are funded and how much time has been spent by every team (which typically is possible to translate to man years, man months or some equally quantitative measure).

Since you have opinions about the development speed, I'm sure you can explain why you think it's "slow going". Especially so if you back it up with the milestones and time estimates.

After that, it's possible to talk about your estimates and the people in the project can add actual data about time taken for different milestones and why they, potentially, differ from your estimates.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Joorin For This Useful Post:

Tags
context, debate, developers, frappadecaf, infraction pts, javis vs. woody, let's troll!, meego, relevance