For some reason my N900 has suddenly become pretty unstable, especially when browsing the web with MicroB over Wi-Fi.

I'm not using CSSU.
Using Power Kernel 47 (I think); was running at 1GHz, but since knocked it down to 805MHz as part of my diagnostics.
Last night I got 2x lockups and 3x unexpected reboots, all while browsing. And the virtual keypad was up and down like a fiddlers elbow when trying to type in forums etc.
This morning I got an unexpected reboot again (while at 900MHz). and Power Kernel told me it could not load it's settings, as it did last night.

I've had some pretty strange behaviour from MicroB in the past, i.e crashes, lockups, virtual keyboard probs etc, so initially I'm thinking that's where the problem lies this time.

Unless anyone has any other ideas?

what does dmesg say in these times of unrest?

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Any settings you aren't mentioning, like Smartreflex or undervolting?

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Australia
There have been various opinions over this, but I was getting lockups on power kernel v47 that I had not been getting on v42. I have gone back to v42 and have had no lockups.

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to explore this further, and don't want to do too much with a device I rely upon so much.

You might like to go back to standard kernel, check for instability; if stable, go to v42 and check again.

I've got a dmesg output saved to my documents, I'll post the whole thing soon. There is a few errors in there. Not sure what they mean.

@jhepburn: Sounds like a plan. Where would I find the old v42 kernel?

Thanks for the replies so far guys

interestingly the same happened with my device as well last night, while surfing this site using microb. had to constantly reboot until it became stable.

The Following User Says Thank You to nafajafam For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nafajafam View Post
interestingly the same happened with my device as well last night, while surfing this site using microb. had to constantly reboot until it became stable.
Which leads me to believe it's something to do with MicroB, because in all the time I was getting reboots MicroB was opening it's bookmarks window each time I tapped on a desktop web bookmark. Minimize the web and there was the bookmarks window each time.

OK, here's the dmesg output file as an attachment.

There's a few errors, but I'm not sure if they are anything to do with it, if anyone would like to take a look, see if they can pull something from it.

Cheers
Attached Files
File Type: txt dmesg.txt (15.4 KB, 74 views)