Active Topics

Hi,
my cpu usage for browserd is always at 95%, I am not doing anything with the phone. it makes the phone hot and battery dies very fast 5 hours when its just been in my pocket
can any one help me?

I've restarted, reflashed but nothing, could it be the battery? cos the battery turns out hotter than the phone.

anyone? I've searched and searched, but no one has posted similar posts.

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Do you have any browser addons installed? (adblock, greasemonkey...?) Try uninstalling them. Also, does it happen all the time even after rebooting the phone? I would suggest uninstalling all additions installed via app manager and deleting all links to websites on desktops and in bookmarks to check if problem still occurs then. You know browserd is built-in web browser (MicroB), right?

The Following User Says Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by misiak View Post
Do you have any browser addons installed? (adblock, greasemonkey...?) Try uninstalling them. Also, does it happen all the time even after rebooting the phone? I would suggest uninstalling all additions installed via app manager and deleting all links to websites on desktops and in bookmarks to check if problem still occurs then. You know browserd is built-in web browser (MicroB), right?
Code:
if [ "$TIME_TO_DIAGNOSE_AND_FIX" => "$TIME_TO_REFLASH" ]; then
            reflash_naow()
fi

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
Code:
if [ "$TIME_TO_DIAGNOSE_AND_FIX" => "$TIME_TO_REFLASH" ]; then
            reflash_naow()
fi
No. Just no. And he already said he reflashed and it didn't help, so he has a problem with his settings (browser addons or shortcuts to webpages on desktop/bookmarks).

Hi, thanks for the reply Misiak,
I know that browserd is the built in web browser, but what confuses me is that when I restart the n900, after, say 10 minutes, conky and (top in xterminal) shows that browserd is above 90% cpu% without even connecting to wifi or even opening any app. I shall do what you say for the addons. Thanks for your help though.

vi_ im not stupid, I have reflashed it several times, but still nothing.

What astonishes me though, I have a second n900, and it is older than this one, its overclocked and has a whole lot more apps on it but it doesnt have the same problem.

Originally Posted by salawat View Post
Hi, thanks for the reply Misiak,
I know that browserd is the built in web browser, but what confuses me is that when I restart the n900, after, say 10 minutes, conky and (top in xterminal) shows that browserd is above 90% cpu% without even connecting to wifi or even opening any app. I shall do what you say for the addons. Thanks for your help though.

What astonishes me though, I have a second n900, and it is older than this one, its overclocked and has a whole lot more apps on it but it doesnt have the same problem.
Yeah, don't blame vi_, he seems to be a little bit disturbed by other people's problems lately... But I guess that after seeing too many people asking for the same over and over again without searching you begin to feel frustrated :P I had similiar issues with browserd and removing addons and all bookmarks worked. If you are ready for "nuclear holocaust" solution you may also run in terminal:
Code:
rm -rf /home/user/.mozilla/microb/*
and
Code:
rm -rf /home/user/.mozilla/extensions/*
, it should be safe to use, but don't blame me if browser will start opening after that :P (but if something breaks, you can still restore your backup, right?)

Last edited by misiak; 2011-05-09 at 21:41.

The Following User Says Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by salawat View Post
If you have re-flashed and the problem persists then the only 2 possible conclusions are:

1. The binary you are flashing is corrupted.

2. The hardware has failed.

But then your not stupid so you already knew that.

vl_, whats wrong with you? anyways cheers for that,
I did know that, I just hope he hardware hasnt actually failed, cos I know for sure the binary image isnt corrupted, as I use it for both of me n900's.

cheers for the help, I shall try what has been suggested.

Posts: 298 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway
What is the full name of the process? Does the browser still work?
I had a problem like this some time ago.
Also, check what dbus-monitor has to say. It solved it all for me.