I have installed Faircrack and it seems to work as its supposed to, very clever piece of soft. I have seen all those IW conflicts with Aircrack-ng 1.1 posts and it also happened to me. I tried the armel deb constructed by Creamy, but it also depends on IW. I recently modified Creamy's deb, killing the IW dependency in control file, but the install paths are wrong according to N900 file structures. Creamy's deb installs to /local but Maemo's aircrack-ng deb installs directly to /usr/opt. If you try the deb I uploaded, AppManager will install it, but it installs to the wrong directories. So this would be nice if:

1-We could compile a working Aircrack 1.1.1-0 for the N900 upon the Maemos freamantle IW 0.92.

I have installed build-esssential but Aircrack requires make 3.81, maemo's is upto 3.80. I downloaded a nonofficial make3.81 deb for the N900 but it didnt work. I believe Aircrack-ng tarball has all the necessary headers and objects to be compiled as a armel deb.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to codecxbox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
tried to get it working too but I ended up to apt-get -f install to fix my depencies problems after palying with aircrack 1.1 and installed 1.0 again. Hope someone manages to get 1.1 working. All I can say is that I am not smart enough for that

just extract the IW binary from the debian armel package and stick it in /usr/bin.

Now how hard was that?

Hmm, thats not the problem

Aircrack 1.1 does not exist for Maemo, as far as I know.

Aircrack 1.0 Maemo fremantle will not coexist with IW 0.93

Aircrack 1.1 will coexist with IW 0.93

It might be that the LXP wifi drivers will not work with IW, but it would nice just to see aircrack 1.1 running.

We could extract Creamy's deb aircrack contents and stick it with a chmod 755, but will AppManager complain?

Last edited by codecxbox; 2011-04-26 at 20:22.

Did you get aircrack ever get working? after I installed creamy's deb I always got not found returned
bin/sh: aircrack-ng not found

Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
Did you get aircrack ever get working? after I installed creamy's deb I always got not found returned
bin/sh: aircrack-ng not found

Yes, I got it working per the Faircrack thread instructions. Read carefully, some steps are to be done as root, others as normal.
But this is not the thread for that. Good Luck..

The Following User Says Thank You to codecxbox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
The whole reason CreamyGoodness' .deb depends on iw is specifically because it doesn't conflict with it. *Facepalm*

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
good lord.
okay to run the aircrack-ng i packaged for some reason you have to type "root" first, and not "sudo gainroot". Of course it works fine with iw, I made it a dependancy because airmon-ng can use that to start monitor mode automatically, some scripts depend on a working airmon-ng. I'm doing you a favor. Is there some difficulty installing iw? It's got to be in some obvious repo as I installed it fine.

No not at all, just installed your deb fine and it works using root instead of sudo gainroot. Proof

Code:
Mr Pingu:/home/user/MyDocs# air
airbase-ng              airmon-ng
aircrack-ng             airodump-ng
airdecap-ng             airodump-ng-oui-update
airdecloak-ng           airolib-ng
airdriver-ng            airserv-ng
aireplay-ng             airtun-ng
But I dont get why the deb here: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ht=1.1&page=35

conflicts with iw again.
I tried dpkg -i and got this returned
Code:
 Mr Pingu:~# cd /home/user/MyDocs/
Mr Pingu:/home/user/MyDocs# dpkg -i aircrack-ng_1.1-1_armel.deb 
dpkg: regarding aircrack-ng_1.1-1_armel.deb containing aircrack-ng:
 iw conflicts with aircrack-ng (<< 1:1.0~rc2-1)
  aircrack-ng (version 1.1-1) is to be installed.
dpkg: error processing aircrack-ng_1.1-1_armel.deb (--install):
 conflicting packages - not installing aircrack-ng
Errors were encountered while processing:
 aircrack-ng_1.1-1_armel.deb

Last edited by mr_pingu; 2011-04-27 at 19:29.

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
Oh, so you're saying the smaller deb without wesside-ng works, but the bigger one doesn't? I'll try to confirm that.
-edit-
i just used dpkg to install the bigger deb, it gave a warning that it's downgrading (my bad) but it seems to work fine still. Now I see the file names are a bit different, you were using the one without wesside anyways. My iw version is 0.9.19 btw.

Last edited by Creamy Goodness; 2011-04-27 at 20:19.