Posts: 395 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
Ive got scratchbox/maemo sdk installed and configured.
Currently im using QtCreator with my n900 to compile/player, but its slow to transfer/compile/run and its getting annoyed having to plugin the n900 everytime I want to test some stuff.

How can I setup QtCreator to use scratchbox/xephyr to build/run or QEMU or something? I cant really find anything on it, well if I am finding things on it im not sure if I should be using scratchbox or not etc.

Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK

When I
Code:
/usr/bin/scratchbox -d $PWD make $@
I get "make: *** No rule to make target `azkay.pro`, needed by `Makefile'. Stop.

Originally Posted by azkay View Post
When I
Code:
/usr/bin/scratchbox -d $PWD make $@
I get "make: *** No rule to make target `azkay.pro`, needed by `Makefile'. Stop.
Second page, bumping back up.

I recommend doing it according to theoriginalgri's comments on the blog post linked:

I did it the other way round: Copy the standard ubuntu cursors to the scratchbox environment (where all cursors are invisible ones by default) and then install QtCreator inside scratchbox. Log in to scratchbox and run "DISPLAY=:0 /path/to/qtcreator" and you're done. The only thing that has to be changed in QtCreator is the start commandline which should run "run-standalone.sh $yourapp" and also export the display to :2.

After installing qtcreator in scratchbox, I DISPLAY=:0 /home/user/qtcreator-2.1.81 and I just get /home/user/qtcreator-2.1.81/: is a directory

if I export DISPLAY=:0 /home/user/qtcreator-2.1.81 I get "export: `/home/user/qtcreator-2.1.81/': not a valid identifier

EDIT::
Nevermind, didnt give it the path to the actual qtcreator binary.
If I run it like that, I assume I have Xephyr running and it runs qtcreator in the xephyr window? If I do that, the qt window is really small, making the xephyr window bigger just leaves blank space around the small qtcreator.

I also cant find where to edit the start command, nor do I see how I would have qtcreator run the program under :2

Figured out how to resize the qt window. Now its just getting the programs to run. If I build/run in qtcreator in scratchbox, it just brings up a big blank box above everything in the xephyr window.

While im here, anyone know why in qtcreator the GUI I make, once running on the n900, is all shrunken? The buttons arent the right size, the labels are cut off, basically all the controls are "off".

K, got Qt working in scratchbox.
Now theres just the weird GUI problem.

This is what I mean:

Everything is fine if I run it without run-standalone.sh (though not styled), but when its running with run-standalone.sh, it ends up like that.

Last edited by azkay; 2011-04-13 at 00:32.

Set the Main form's size to 800x424(480-56: the fremantle master layout guide states the top bar is 56px tall) and try to use Qt's layout managers and the controls will size themselves based on the layouts. The layout buttons are on the top toolbar above the designer window. You can also right click on any widget in the tree on the right and apply a layout.

The Following User Says Thank You to jackburton For This Useful Post:
Thanks, that did it.

Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Use: run-standalone.sh appbinary
To execute your program.

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=125

Dont supposed anyone would know whats wrong with the deb @first post?
Took it from the build folder, installed it but nothing happens when I click the application icon and the path doesnt seem to exist.

Fixed

Last edited by azkay; 2011-04-13 at 19:59.