Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
Hello,
I'm looking for a software for N900 that can play MIDI files and enables you to silence the separate tracks of files and play just a single one or a choice of them, in the style of VanBasco Karaoke Player for Windows.
Is there anything with this ability right now?
Thanks Ben

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Originally Posted by bennypr0fane View Post
Hello,
I'm looking for a software for N900 that can play MIDI files and enables you to silence the separate tracks of files and play just a single one or a choice of them, in the style of VanBasco Karaoke Player for Windows.
Is there anything with this ability right now?
Thanks Ben
I think you might be able to play .MID files in the VLC video player (you can on desktop versions - haven't checked the N900 version). You can't mute separate tracks, but for now I think it's as close as you'll get.

The Following User Says Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
You might check the thread "Music notation under N900 - ABC tune - java solution". Fleet68 pointed out that you could open MIDI files with the standard hildon player. I tried it and it worked on n900. Don't know about silencing tracks though.

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
There is a midi support package in extras devel (the repository you should not be using!). If installed you can play midi in the media player.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ivnvir For This Useful Post: