Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
I think this is something most people will appreciate, but i don't know how possible it is to implement. I thought i'd ask as we have new media player widget and calendar widget.

I have 4 email accounts and the default widget is a bit of a joke - the size isn't customisable so i can't make it bigger or smaller to accommodate more emails, which is problematic as one account may get many more emails than the others, and it can't be used with nokia messaging.

Also, the widget is extremely plain. What i'd like is something that can be resized, and perhaps we can scroll/toggle, so that rather than all accounts being on the one window, each window can be one account and the next page can be the next account etc.

What i like about the Android email widget is the ability to actually open an email within it, and reply/delete too. If that's not possible, an ability to delete would be handy so we could delete spam without waiting for modest to open, load, select account, delect, close app.

If this is at all feasible it'd make a really great addition to many desktops

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to richwhite For This Useful Post:
+1

Modest is way to slow to use to erase spam mail...

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
I really hope nicolai can create a new and customizable email widget.
But I guess he's pretty busy at the moment...

any other skilled coder out there that has time?

Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
shameless bump

we need a new email client

The Following User Says Thank You to jo21 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
When I first used the email widget I was surprised that it takes you straight into standard modest and not the actual message that you tap. It's a bit annoying, and smacks of shameless laziness by the maemo5 developers.

Add me to the list of eager testers. The email widget really could use a fresh start.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
i agree too. i'm a new owner of a N900 (since 3 weeks) and i was really disappointed as a tried out the included email widget. at least a single email should be selectable and should open with a click.
(even a click on an incoming email message is not opening the message itself. this was working on my old N810)

is the source code available for the build in version?
i didn't find it.

cheers
jens

Tags
just shoot me