Posts: 4 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Bristol, UK
Hi all,

I've been using the N900 for youtube quite happily for ages now and also Cutetube (great app), but noticed it got updated a few days ago (I last used it sometime last week).

I tried it today and after selecting a video and selecting Play it just sits there not doing anything and crashes. I uninstalled/re-installed (same up to date version) and still the same, so I tried to go onto normal Youtube using the web browser. When i press enter the loading bar just keeps going left and right not doing anything. I search Google for Youtube and click the link, nothing.

So i eventually try going into via the mobile way (m.google.com/youtube) and to my shock it says 'Device Not Supported - Sorry, YouTube is not supported on your device'. Er, WTF? Since when did this happen, and i'm curious if anyone else gets this?

Tom

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Cutetube works and youtube normal page on microb works and mobile-youtube->media player, works.

Press undo button..

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Bristol, UK
Tried restarting the phone - same thing. Cutetube still just crashes when I try and play a video and when I try and navigate to www.youtube.com using MicroB it just sits there trying to load. Surely I can't be the only one with this problem?

I'm not sure of this 'undo' button you speak of...?

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
youtube and m.youtube work for me.

Youtube on MicroB works for me.

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Cutetube and m.youtube.com works for me too.

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Can you try running cutetube from the x-terminal? That way, when it crashes, you'll have some verbose message left in the terminal relating to the crash. This can help you determine the cause of the crash.

Works with me, using Cutetube via wifi in UK. Presume any other method of connection will also work.

Originally Posted by satnav37 View Post
I'm not sure of this 'undo' button you speak of...?
Have you been playing around with your browser's useragent string? If you have then 'undo' it to:
Code:
Firefox/3.5 Maemo Browser 1.7.4.8 RX-51 N900

Posts: 451 | Thanked: 424 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ England
I've had issues with cutetube playing videos, typically when they are quite long videos, such as this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWLeB436j1o

Does it work for anyone else?