Active Topics

I've been trying to install NITDroid on the internal memory 'cause my N900 is not picking up my memory card-.- I've been trying to follow this guide : http://wiki.maemo.org/Nitdroid_easy_...lling_Nitdroid

but nothing seems to be going how it should and I don't understand what to put and when..

please help!

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Philippines
Hi Friend,

Wouldn't you like to consider installing NITDroid on the phone's internal memory/storage (eMMC, i.e. MyDocs)? It would be much faster compared to installing to an external memory card/storage.

I also made some video tutorials, I posted them here: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...5&postcount=12. Originally I made them for personal use and reference, but I would just like to share as it might help you too.

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ UK/Scotland
But isn't it safer installing it on the memory card?? just a thought

Cantonese Pen Power Input is only available in Hong Kong...SUX!

Originally Posted by Ykho View Post
But isn't it safer installing it on the memory card?? just a thought
If you ask me, the risks (as well as level of safety) are the same anyway. I made a lot of mistakes before I finally got it right (and hence came up with the video tutorial), but it's not really that hazardous, i.e. an incorrect installation doesn't wipe out any data.

After install, I don't see any risks or tendency for it to be unsafe if installed to the internaly storage/memory. Remember that NITDroid dual-boots with Maemo, so meaning to say they will not run both at the same time (same as when you dual-boot your laptop/desktop computer).

Last edited by topet2k12001; 2011-03-19 at 23:44.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to topet2k12001 For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the tutorial links but I don't get what you're doing in the first part?

Apparently it runs WAY quicker on the phone memory so you know...

Originally Posted by asim786 View Post
Thanks for the tutorial links but I don't get what you're doing in the first part?

Apparently it runs WAY quicker on the phone memory so you know...
Yeah that's what I meant too (internal memory/storage a.k.a. eMMC).

Oh the first part...nothing it's just a how-to on where to get the needed files (upgrades). The second part is the one from the written tutorials in this forum.

Last edited by topet2k12001; 2011-03-20 at 00:26.

I've downloaded everything required but I don't know how to get to MyDocs? everytime I try the "bzip2 -d NITDroid-0.0.9.tar.bz" bit it says file not found even though I have definately downloaded it and it's saved in the "N900" main folder in the file manager...

Originally Posted by asim786 View Post
I've downloaded everything required but I don't know how to get to MyDocs? everytime I try the "bzip2 -d NITDroid-0.0.9.tar.bz" bit it says file not found even though I have definately downloaded it and it's saved in the "N900" main folder in the file manager...
When you are in X-Terminal you should be at "MyDocs".

cd MyDocs

You must read and do this slowly and carefully; it is clearly written on the tutorial and is also shown on the video tutorial. I wouldn't be able to come up with the video if the instructions were wrong.

I'm getting this error while running the Kernel deb file..

Android not found. MUST be mounted on '/and'
dpkg: error processing NITDroid-kernel-Mido.Fayad.deb (--ins tall):
subprocess pre-installation script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
NITDroid-kernel-Mido.Fayad.deb

Please help

Originally Posted by Vasikaran View Post
I'm getting this error while running the Kernel deb file..

Android not found. MUST be mounted on '/and'
dpkg: error processing NITDroid-kernel-Mido.Fayad.deb (--ins tall):
subprocess pre-installation script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
NITDroid-kernel-Mido.Fayad.deb

Please help
It means you missed a step.

Code:

MUST be mounted on '/and'
You either forgot to enter the command to mound "/and" (Android folder/directory - command is "cd /and") or you forgot to create it in the first place ("mkdir /and").

What I recommend is to read through the instructions carefully, and watch the video tutorial so that you can sort of "simulate" how it will go.

The Following User Says Thank You to topet2k12001 For This Useful Post: