Posts: 64 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ United States
http://www.slashgear.com/nokia-harma...ease-17140579/

Aparently there is talk about Nokia releasing an update to Maemo before meego ships.... not really sure what this means but it's interesting.

Search for meego or maemo in google news for more articles.

The Following User Says Thank You to antman8969 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
and this: http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/17/n...o-at-may-conf/

The Following User Says Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post:
It has been known since the dawn of time that the first MeeGo release from Nokia would not be MeeGo, but "an instance of MeeGo" that was closer to MeeGo without getting all the changes through before release.

These days, it's unclear if Nokia is even going to be allowed to call that hybrid MeeGo since it's clearly not really MeeGo. Hence they're reenabling the "Maemo" trade mark for now. This is the same Harmattan that it's always been, with the same late course corrections as we always expect from Nokia.

Search for meego/harmattan in talk.maemo.org for more information.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to volt For This Useful Post:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to teh For This Useful Post:
yeah right, after everyone is dumping on them and going to Android, they are trying hard to be relevance in the Mobile OS war. Too late Nokia, you really screwed yourself on this one.

The Following User Says Thank You to cenwesi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 81 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on May 2010 @ NewYork

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Nokia will create a new name for their "new" OS. Might be MeNoGo or MeGo...NO or something. I dont know, but I'm sure someone with a high sallary will waste a few months just to try to find a name the new old OS.

Posts: 464 | Thanked: 338 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK, Northwest
PMSL @ MeNoGo

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
I for one am looking forward to this. The rebirth of a Nokia Meego will always be a possibility in case the Win7 project fails.... which most like will happen. This will most likely give more blood for the n900 and also a new device.. Who know if there is more to come.

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Add me on twitter @almehdin
Visit the swedish maemo/meego community forums

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by cenwesi View Post
yeah right, after everyone is dumping on them and going to Android, they are trying hard to be relevance in the Mobile OS war. Too late Nokia, you really screwed yourself on this one.
They screewed it when they did go WP7 and Elop flop not because of meego(with harmattan) that could have succeed.

As an example is I am sure WebOS will take users from Android/Iphone! So there IS still chances.

Personally i dislike both Android and IOS and prefer Maemo/Meego.

But if Nokia had been smart they had started to work with HP instead of Microflop and merge efforts from webOS back too Meego that would be a winnerdeal for both companys!

Tags
to use maemo