Active Topics

Posts: 939 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ U.K.
Just wondering, at night do you turn your n900 off or just turn it to offline or just leave it on as normal?
I usually set mine to offline, but last night i just turned it off. This morning i re-started phone and it made it to the desktop, with the clock and battery and 2g signal showing then it rebooted which it did for a further 3 times before i intervened.

I don't know if this had anything to do with installing a microsd yesterday, but i'm glad i did as i'd backed up with RobbieThe1st BackupMenu V2 - OS backup & restore and was able to restore with this and now seems to be ok, until tonight if i turn off again??
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=63975

I had also updated theme customizer, calendar home widget and one of the icon packs yesterday.

i have since restarted no problems a couple of times today

Last edited by corduroysack; 2011-03-04 at 14:27. Reason: added i have since restarted no problems a couple of times today

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney
I leave it running all day and night (at night its plugged in and charging). Only occasionally restart it when I install something/mod something or randomly cause I feel like it .

The Following User Says Thank You to Blaizzen For This Useful Post:
i'd just got a new replacement battery for it (Japod) and was trying to 'condition' it' tbh though i don't know wether you still need to do that with the newer batteries, that's the reason why i'd turned it off.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I just leave mine as normal since my sleep patterns are unpredictible. When my tablet gets low on battery I just put in a fully charged one.

Robbie's Backupmenu is probably the best improvement to the N900, right up there with 9 screens and Desktop-switcher.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
It's brilliant and so simple to use and it saves a shed load of time and patience

i leave it charging all night
and it's on

The Following User Says Thank You to Char For This Useful Post:
i turn mine off of a night, never experienced problems when turning it on though

The Following User Says Thank You to xRobby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by corduroysack View Post
i'd just got a new replacement battery for it (Japod) and was trying to 'condition' it' tbh though i don't know wether you still need to do that with the newer batteries, that's the reason why i'd turned it off.
I've never bothered much with conditioning, and I have Japod as well as Mugen batteries. All I do is for the first week or so when I'm using them I use them from full charge to empty without recharging midway. That makes sense to me and seems to work ok.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Judging by my new battery my old one was on it's arse(technical term)
@ xRobby hopefully this was a one off, as sebsequent restarts have been fine.
@ geneven i'm following the same process as you with the charging

Can't be done. If I turned it off, I'd never remember to turn it back on.