Active Topics

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Hi folks ,

So here is the issue I have. I'm looking for alternatives/new samrtphone and its definitely not going to be a Nokia, so I want to remove my information from their servers. I contacted customer care and the person told me

In response to your concern, we would like to inform you that your credit card information cannot be deleted on our servers.
This is really frustrating

1. When I first saved that info via N900 Ovi store it said that I can modify or erase this information by logging into my Ovi account ( Of course I tried but there is no option to do that)

2. I asked the rep will they erase if I terminate my Ovi account but they didnt respond to me yet

Has anyone experienced same thing? How did u solved it? Should I contact them via phone?

Thanks

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Originally Posted by HellFlyer View Post
Hi folks ,

So here is the issue I have. I'm looking for alternatives/new samrtphone and its definitely not going to be a Nokia, so I want to remove my information from their servers. I contacted customer care and the person told me

This is really frustrating

1. When I first saved that info via N900 Ovi store it said that I can modify or erase this information by logging into my Ovi account ( Of course I tried but there is no option to do that)

2. I asked the rep will they erase if I terminate my Ovi account but they didnt respond to me yet

Has anyone experienced same thing? How did u solved it? Should I contact them via phone?

Thanks
Never worry about this because I am using shopsafe from BoFA, that means, my credit card is only good for 1 transaction and only valid for 6 months and up to the amount that i decide :-). (typically actual amount + 5 dollars). Some website try to do a 1 dollar extra to check whether your cc is valid

If you are in USA and have Bank of America, try that shopsafe function. its free.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Good question. You should have opted not to save the credit card information in the first place. A bit hassle to retype it everytime, I agree, but very much safer.

Anyway, I'm interested to know also.

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Unfortuantely I'm in Canada and afaik we dont have that kind of service here.

Anyway....more sugesstions are welcome, when I hear back from them I will let you know Joseph

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011