Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
I would appreciate if new E7 users (apparently selling in Finland now), can give us unbiased review of E7. I would really like to buy it, by disappointed in N8. Thanks in advance.

I would like to second this as it really does look like a nifty little device.

@BBG, I guess you may have already been searching through the review sites already but I did find this video rather informing and very impartial

Nokia e7

Posts: 310 | Thanked: 202 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ireland
sorry i can't give you an opinion. but were you expecting anything diferent from the n8? i had an n8 for 2 weeks and hated it so much i argued with vodafone to take it back. i was under the impresion i was getting an upgrade. e7 is same os and they will have to do something pretty phuking major with the next update to make it even close to the n900. hated it. the only thing i can see is the e7 is a bit sexy. put maemo5 on it and i'd buy one.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
No review but one thing is for sure:

E7 is for bussiness people. The phone is very Microsoft friendly support for Microsoft Office Exchange etc.

The phone is not for people who likes N900 or Android.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
I cannot imagine how you didn't like the user experience on the N8. It can do so much more than even the N900.

That said: The E7 runs the same operating system with the same UI as the N8. What answer do you expect???

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
I would appreciate if new E7 users (apparently selling in Finland now), can give us unbiased review of E7. I would really like to buy it, by disappointed in N8. Thanks in advance.
I'm not an E7 user, but I had the chance to try an E7.
I must say, the N900 is superior to it, mostly because E7 has a weaker processor and a crap Symbian UI.

you can search youtube for latest E7 review. Symbian^3 are for people who liked symbian. As mikecomputing said, the phone is not for people who likes N900 or android or any other non-symbian devices. physical keyboard is good though. not cramped like the N900

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omaniac For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
I cannot imagine how you didn't like the user experience on the N8. It can do so much more than even the N900.

That said: The E7 runs the same operating system with the same UI as the N8. What answer do you expect???
ohhhhhhhohhhhhh my goodness can I know a thing which N900 can't do .......
u say e7 can do a lot more than N900 .... I know e7 can multiboot andriod,,meego,,maemo......opppppssss its for N900......e7 can run playstation games reallllyyyyy??????ooooo
e7 is a little kid in front of n900 ,,only the good part of it is camera and nothing else,,,have u see application menu of e7 ew iit looks cheap nevermind it has such a big os a laggy SYMBAIN3 ....e7 cant be compared to mighty N900......can u tell me a thing n900 cant do that e7 can do...except the camera part.....first use both phones then comment...for ur information I just got 1 n 18 of this month....gave it to my dad....N900 is the best.....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rishabsp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 310 | Thanked: 202 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ireland
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post

i hated the user expetience. didn't know it could be so bad.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by rishabsp View Post
ohhhhhhhohhhhhh my goodness can I know a thing which N900 can't do .......
I stopped reading after this sentence - your way of writing causes seizures.

Anyway: There's a number of things i need regularly that the N8 (and all other Symbian phones I've used or am using right now) supports without problems and that the N900 cannot do at all or only in a very restricted way via 3rd party applications.

Video calling, full MMS support (including automatically re-sized videos), integrated text2speech, stable SyncML-support, voice control, Java support come to my mind immediately, there's probly more.

Don't get me wrong, I love the N900 and I love the things it can do that a Symbian phone can't... but where Symbian is superior is the mobile phone things that I just need more often than SSH or multi-boot. At least on a mobile phone. I'll always have a Symbian phone as my primary phone (as long as Nokia makes them).

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post: