Active Topics

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Brisbane, Australia
So most of the community is absolutely devostated by the current whole WP7 change Nokia may be implementing and the very possible death of one of the most amazing mobile operating environments.

So I thought lets atleast try and have a laugh here. What do you think is the biggest fail device they could release? (other than trying to run WP7 on the N97)

I think a Windows Phone 7 Tablet would be an epic fail. Imagine that horrible OS on a 7 or 10 inch screen!

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
I honestly believe that choosing Android instead of WP7 would be the über fail for Nokia in this situation. WP7 is bad enough considering the alternatives they have (or had?) in house, but at least it's an OS that nobody else seems to want (probably for a reason). So at least they have a chance to make it "their" OS, very much like Symbian is now considered a Nokia OS (which it never was).

Android is just too big now. Making an Android device is about as exciting as any laptop vendor launching a new model that runs windows.

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
they couldn't fail more,they are already at the highest point of epic fail

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

They have already peaked at the inextricable zenith of fail.

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Montevideo
I wouldnt be so confident. When Nokia realizes that it reached the absolute bottom will start buying shovels.

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ West Kirby, UK
Yeah, makes me feel a bit like this...

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
They could set goatse as the default homepage for their devices...
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Why didn't Nokia spread the risks: go with WP7, Android, continue with Meego and Symbian.

Other mobile-manufacturers can do it with less resources.

This way they've had all the cards in hand, some of them must've been the winning card.