I have install gingerbread on my n900 & i also want to install nitdroid 0.0.9 on n900, over all i want to have both on my n900.

and ,also i want to know how to overlock nitdroid

Posts: 265 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Sydney, Australia
nitdroid 0.0.9 and nitdroid gingerbread is like the same thing. 0.0.9 is the nitdroid version, gingerbread is the actual android version
and overclocking is here http://forum.nitdroid.com/index.php?topic=116.0

I am unable to do the overclock

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Actually 0.0.9 is Froyo, and NITDroid Gingerbread is a development version, it hasn't had a stable release, so they are different.

You can install the other one to a different partition either by repartitioning your N900 and creating a new partition for it or by using a SD card for it, extract the files for it to the new partition, then make a copy of your NITDroid item file in /etc/multiboot.d (giving the copy a new name) and edit it to boot from your new NITDroid partition.

can you plz give the procedure

i have extract the file to new partition, what then what should i write in x-terminal,
leafpad /etc/multiboot.d/then what should i write after this because i can't write 1 there because i think it will change gingerbread to nitdroid-0.0.9

plz help

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Europe
So, let me add to this thread since this is about issues with NITDroid. I get it to install, after having to do the MMC format thing.

When I boot and select Android, it starts loading, white text on black background, and then gives me an error, "press any key to panic" about something being wrong with a sector on the MMC.

Is this a problem with the Card, the way I formatted it, or something else?

Thx

I was also having that problem but when i restart my n900, it boot to nitdroid with no problem