Active Topics

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Hello to everyone,

I was just curious to know for how long your tablet has been up & running.

Mine is up for 33 days now without a crash.

Kudos to the Maemo team, the maemo developers and to Linux for this great device.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
19 days. The restart was my fault, really: I took out the memory card when in softpoweroff, and the system didn't find it again. Just rebooting seemed like the easiest thing to do. Previously, I was over 60 days.

21 days. I used to reboot regularly, but there's no need now that I know the following:
1) - With simple launcher installed, new applications caused the home screen background to go white. Instead of rebooting, just re-load the background wall paper.
2) - Occasionally the built-in email refused to start, and email notification didn't work. Instead of rebooting, just start an xterm and enter 'killall enprocess'

I don't expect to reboot until the next firmware upgrade..

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
21 days. I used to reboot regularly, but there's no need now that I know the following:
1) - With simple launcher installed, new applications caused the home screen background to go white. Instead of rebooting, just re-load the background wall paper.
Oh! that was the culprit ?!
That's good to know!

I don't expect to reboot until the next firmware upgrade..
Me neither

I reboot roughly once a day, but then again, that's my fault.

Umm.... 24hrs. This girl turned it off (she didn't know what she was doing, or how to lock the keypad so she just held the power button). This thing is a chick magnet for geeks. And I'm talkin hot chicks. I got like 2 phone numbers and invited to a party after turning it on at the pool side to listen to music. (Then I whipped out my audio cables and used the pools speaker music to play music while I swam, lol)

1 day - for some reason it wouldn't connect to my wifi

but 2 weeks before that

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
I wasn't really keeping track on the tablet, but I would say about three weeks until last night when I made the mistake of attempting to take a picture with the Camera application while listening to music. It slowed to a crawl so I just rebooted it.

I run about 10-14 days, usually, and reboots are usually due to my negligence in charging until it starts chirping at me. It's very stable, more than my old Zaurus 5500 with any ROM I ever tried.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Rebooted today because of a buggy alpha-state VPN client. :/